Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

#141

Gendji wrote:

Follow the instructions here:

 

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7665&start=10

4th post down, to get it working from an usb.

 

After that just copy covers, sheets etc. to the theme directory on the USB without the .jpg extension and it should work. For example, Arthur Christmas 2011.BDrip.mkv.jpg has to be copied as Arthur Christmas 2011.BDrip.mkv to the usb. Sheets for folders do not have an extension.

 

That’s it basically.

Brilliant… thanks alot

#142

Gendji wrote:


DeVicious wrote:

for me it shows as depicted on the right hand side it was supposed to show the same image for all mpeg videos

it should do the same for you, the image it is showing on your sheet is not even supposed to be in the file list. Make sure there is no funny business with the folders. For all I know this is the default TG Profile image, if you uninstall this bundle the problem resolves itself

 


I removed everything except Simplicity and it still happends. Removing Default TG doesn’t work either because it gets installed automatically every time Thumbgen gets started.

 

I also did a clean Thumbgen install where i only installed the Simplicity bundle, with the same results.

 

The image itself (mpeg with border) is no where to be found so my guess would be it’s build in Thumbgen or something?

 

 

    • *I am in the same situation Gendji. That mpeg icon does not appear to be anywhere in my TG setup, yet it still keeps getting pulled up from somewhere no matter what I do. I only have a few mpgs so not that terrible but certainly odd.> -P>  >  
#143

kevine123 wrote:

Brilliant… thanks alot

You’re welcome.

#144

pearl wrote:

I am in the same situation Gendji. That mpeg icon does not appear to be anywhere in my TG setup, yet it still keeps getting pulled up from somewhere no matter what I do. I only have a few mpgs so not that terrible but certainly odd.> -P>  

 

I still have a few dvd’s where it shows up. For now i just use the edited line i posted earlier so that at least the icon looks the same as the rest.

#145

I don’t know if I was having the same problem with the video format icon having the border but I found some different icons in a different Common folder that came with the mega template pack I downloaded. And just replace the ones in the thumbgen/template/common folder. No more icons with the border.

#146

EDIT: Ok. Now everything works fine.

But another Question now: Is it possible to cut out the plot when it’s to long? Especially for Episodes it would be huge work to do it for every Episode when it’s to long.

#147

Idk if there is a way to do it automatically I had a few sheets where I had to cut half the plot myself. So what I did was just use the Thumbgen Designer and made the plot space a bit bigger. Pretty sure there is a easier way to do and the experts will chime in.

#148

MatzeR1990 wrote:

EDIT: Ok. Now everything works fine.

 

But another Question now: Is it possible to cut out the plot when it’s to long? Especially for Episodes it would be huge work to do it for every Episode when it’s to long.

the plot is designed to to have a maximum lenght, if it is too long on your sheets you either using the wrong font or have your windows fonts at 125% any other reason is impossible.

#149

pearl wrote:


Gendji wrote:


DeVicious wrote:

for me it shows as depicted on the right hand side it was supposed to show the same image for all mpeg videos

it should do the same for you, the image it is showing on your sheet is not even supposed to be in the file list. Make sure there is no funny business with the folders. For all I know this is the default TG Profile image, if you uninstall this bundle the problem resolves itself

 


I removed everything except Simplicity and it still happends. Removing Default TG doesn’t work either because it gets installed automatically every time Thumbgen gets started.

 

I also did a clean Thumbgen install where i only installed the Simplicity bundle, with the same results.

 

The image itself (mpeg with border) is no where to be found so my guess would be it’s build in Thumbgen or something?

 

 

    • *I am in the same situation Gendji. That mpeg icon does not appear to be anywhere in my TG setup, yet it still keeps getting pulled up from somewhere no matter what I do. I only have a few mpgs so not that terrible but certainly odd.> -P>  >  

 

over write the default common golder with the simplicity common folder and all is set

#150

MatzeR1990 wrote:

EDIT: Ok. Now everything works fine.

 

But another Question now: Is it possible to cut out the plot when it’s to long? Especially for Episodes it would be huge work to do it for every Episode when it’s to long.

the plot is designed to to have a maximum lenght, if it is too long on your sheets you either using the wrong font or have your windows fonts at 125% any other reason is impossible.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a picture of what I mean:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/gsfy.jpg/

I hate these " … " when a sentence is not mentioned till the end.

#151

was going to say it looks like you didn’t install the fonts but after looking at different images of the sheets on the thread they look the same.

#152

Hi All,

Thanks so much to DeVicious for all your hardwork for this great theme.  I am new to WDTV and must admit I am having a ball setting this all up.  One question I can’t find an answer for:  In the SMP standard theme (and I’m assuming also the Hub) there was a symbol that would indicate whether or not you had watched a video (particularly useful for TV series).  Was this function part of the Media Library and does anyone know of a way to include this as part of this theme?  I found this very useful, but if not then I will happily live without it.

Also, when building the Episode linksheets, does anyone know if Thumbget is picking up screenshots from those episodes or are they just random shots from that TV Show?

thanks

#153

MatzeR1990 wrote:

 

MatzeR1990 wrote:

EDIT: Ok. Now everything works fine.

 

But another Question now: Is it possible to cut out the plot when it’s to long? Especially for Episodes it would be huge work to do it for every Episode when it’s to long.


the plot is designed to to have a maximum lenght, if it is too long on your sheets you either using the wrong font or have your windows fonts at 125% any other reason is impossible.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Here is a picture of what I mean:

 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/gsfy.jpg/

 

I hate these " … " when a sentence is not mentioned till the end.

well that is so not what you have asked before :smiley:

the sheet is only as big as it is, when the plot is running out of space it will show the dots. You cannot get rid of parts of the plot. There would be a way to get rid off the dots due to code changes which would result in unfinished sentences and/or unfinished words and since this is wrong and 3 dots is the legal way to signal an unfinished piece text/word I refuse to explain it.

Another way would be to make the plot area always fit exatcly into the designated space, in this case the template would achieve that by inflating and deflating the font size. If a plot had only 5 words it would size it up to a 96 Font size.

This makes no sense either but you can change AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“True” to AutoSize=“TRUE” Multiline=“FALSE”

From round about 15,000 episodes I have generated I have 12 of them where the plot is too long. That’s less than 1%

If you find a sheet with too long plot and you are that obsessive about it you can hand edit those by shortening the plot (makes no sense) or choose a smaller font size in the template (makes it less readable)

open the template in notepad and search for this line

<TextElement Name=“Plot” X=“684” Y=“226” Width=“500” Height=“148” AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“True” Font=“Revofit by Drakoheart,12,True,False,False,False,Point,0” ForeColor="-2430485" StrokeColor="-16777216" StrokeWidth=“0” Text="%EPISODEPLOT%" TextAlignment=“TopLeft” TextQuality=“AntiAlias” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True”>

change the size from 12 to 10

None of the 3 solutions provided above makes sense but you are free to use them. That’s as far as I go on this topic.

Good Luck :smiley:

#154

kevine123 wrote:

Hi All,

 

Thanks so much to DeVicious for all your hardwork for this great theme.  I am new to WDTV and must admit I am having a ball setting this all up.  One question I can’t find an answer for:  In the SMP standard theme (and I’m assuming also the Hub) there was a symbol that would indicate whether or not you had watched a video (particularly useful for TV series).  Was this function part of the Media Library and does anyone know of a way to include this as part of this theme?  I found this very useful, but if not then I will happily live without it.

 

Also, when building the Episode linksheets, does anyone know if Thumbget is picking up screenshots from those episodes or are they just random shots from that TV Show?

 

thanks

The “watched” smybol is only working with the media library turned on and if the designer of the theme included it. Since I designed the theme without the media library i haven’t included it. This is my gift to you guys in form of a brain teaser :wink: There would be ways to get it back but since I rather shave my head instead of using the media library that can’t be happening here. :smileyvery-happy:

The inserted image of the TV Show is a provided screenshot by the collector “tvdb” it is not taking screenshots from your files

#155

Firmware Version 3.12.13

was released today… I put it through all my regular tests and everything looks fine. you are good to update!

#156

DeVicious wrote:


Gendji wrote:

I was wondering in regard to the season sheet if it is possible to get the actual episode listing instead of the one from thetvdb.com.

 

Reason i am asking this is, that i do not always have all the specials from for example TopGear or the Docu Frozen Planet.

 

Another example is the TV Show FireFly. Instead of using the normal sequence listed on thetvdb.com based on airdate, i am using the intended order in which the episodes should have been aired.


I guess you can fix that by using a collector that does it the way you want (if there is any)
If you cannot find it you still could manually type it.

I noticed something on thetvdb.com which i kinda overlooked somehow :dizzy_face:

Underneath the episodes list of a season there are 2 options. Aired Order & DVD Order. I case of FireFly for example, the DVD Order is the, in this case, intended order.

FireFly Aired Order - FireFly DVD Order

No idea how and if that can be used with Thumbgen though :slight_smile:

#157

Gendji wrote:


I noticed something on thetvdb.com which i kinda overlooked somehow :dizzy_face:

 

Underneath the episodes list of a season there are 2 options. Aired Order & DVD Order. I case of FireFly for example, the DVD Order is the, in this case, intended order.

 

FireFly Aired Order - FireFly DVD Order

 

No idea how and if that can be used with Thumbgen though :slight_smile:

 

I don’t know either. Which version do you own?

I have no clue if ThumbGen has thought about that this is probably a case that doesn’t happen too often

You can always do it in manual mode

or simply test t and make a copy folder of Firefly and name the episodes firefly.s01e1.0.dvd… if it is possible this should be the way to do it.

#158

DeVicious wrote:


Gendji wrote:


I noticed something on thetvdb.com which i kinda overlooked somehow :dizzy_face:

 

Underneath the episodes list of a season there are 2 options. Aired Order & DVD Order. I case of FireFly for example, the DVD Order is the, in this case, intended order.

 

FireFly Aired Order - FireFly DVD Order

 

No idea how and if that can be used with Thumbgen though :slight_smile:

 


I don’t know either. Which version do you own?

I have no clue if ThumbGen has thought about that this is probably a case that doesn’t happen too often

You can always do it in manual mode

or simply test t and make a copy folder of Firefly and name the episodes firefly.s01e1.0.dvd… if it is possible this should be the way to do it.

I have version 1.3.8.3. Tested it but the aired order is used.

You’re right, it doesn’t happen that much, so manual mode it is :-).

#159

Gendji wrote:



I have version 1.3.8.3. Tested it but the aired order is used.

 

You’re right, it doesn’t happen that much, so manual mode it is :-).

 

 

 

 

 

wow they have a DVD Version called 1.3.8.3?? they really deliver to the nerdy needs don’t they?

#160

I have my dvd’s in four main folders - Movies, Romance, Music Videos and Animated Movies.

All the linksheets work great for the dvd’s within the folders but I cannot get the linksheets to show up for the four folders themselves, I used the Simplicity - Movie Folder Sheets & Cover profile to create them

In the Simplicity theme folder there are linksheets for them i.e Romance.jpg. Movies.jpg etc.

How can I get them to show when I move from main folder to main folder i.e from Movies to Romance etc ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you