Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

Gendji wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

I guess you can fix that by using a collector that does it the way you want (if there is any)

If you cannot find it you still could manually type it.

Ah right, well, if not i will survive :smiley:

Thank you.

I sincerly hope so, did you work more on your Series Sheet?

Yes i did. This is how i have it now.

You can right click the image to look at the full version. No idea how to get the clickonimage thingy working here :D.

Decided to do it like this because i do not care about IMDB ratings personally and it leaves the plot intact.

If the plot is to empty, i write something myself or when itā€™s one wall of text, put in spaces.

1 Like

Gendji wrote:

Yes i did. This is how i have it now.

You can right click to look at the full version. No idea how to get the clickonimage thingy working here :D.

Decided to do it like this because i do not care about IMDB ratings personally and it leaves the plot intact.

If the plot is to empty, i write something myself or when itā€™s one wall of text, put in spaces.

have you made some tests about the plot length, in my experience they are often extremely short

My point (designer habit) about putting the cast underneath the plot size was that regardless if the plot is short, long or the entire script of Ben Hurā€¦ it will ALWAYS look the same.  It is always filled and even when it is short and the cast is short there is a visible frame which makes the gaps between the 2 elements smaller.

Letā€™s say you have only  3 lines of plot and only 4 actors then you have a 2/3 empty plut area and a massive gap from the top cast line to the first plot line. While reading the entire plot is a nice luxary, you might not ever do that because people might add several crappy movies on their media center (like Sharknado) :laughing: but 18 hours of content preferably in HDā€¦ I believe people make the decision about the plot rather before they dump 40 gig on their HDD.

Just my opinion and basically because I see it as a good alternative this way and I am too lazy to do it myself, lol :laughing:

DeVicious wrote:

Just my opinion and basically because I see it as a good alternative this way and I am too lazy to do it myself, lol :laughing:

Updated da sheet in my previous post, refresh please :slight_smile:

Gendji wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Updated da sheet in my previous post, refresh please :slight_smile:

I like it :heart:

I would do the cast max. 3 lines color it  (#FF5FC8B7) and make it italic so it stands out  and give the plot on top a 1 pixel more to breath and it would be absolutely perfect. I can show you how to bundle it (if you like) and I would put your link right up there on the first page. KUDOS! Good Job

There ya goā€¦All Deleted.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/TheConArtist_2006/TexasChainsawBluraymp4_sheet.jpg

Better?

DeVicious wrote:

I would do the cast max. 3 lines color it  (#FF5FC8B7) and make it italic so it stands out  and give the plot on top a 1 pixel more to breath and it would be absolutely perfect. I can show you how to bundle it (if you like) and I would put your link right up there on the first page. KUDOS! Good Job

As instructed :-):

As for putting it up on the first page, that is ofc fine by me but i feel kinda weird about taking any kind of credit for it. Lemme explain :D. All i did was move stuff around you already made. You did all the work already, you know what i mean?

If it was up to me i would just upload the template for you to take a look at it and you do with it what you want :smiley:.

Donā€™t forget i am only using Thumbgen for a day now :wink:

Nice work Gendji, that looks great.

-PĀ 

colebell wrote:

There ya goā€¦All Deleted.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/TheConArtist_2006/TexasChainsawBluraymp4_sheet.jpg

Better?

Yes a lot better, thank you.

Gendji wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

As instructed :-):

As for putting it up on the first page, that is ofc fine by me but i feel kinda weird about taking any kind of credit for it. Lemme explain :D. All i did was move stuff around you already made. You did all the work already, you know what i mean?

If it was up to me i would just upload the template for you to take a look at it and you do with it what you want :smiley:.

Donā€™t forget i am only using Thumbgen for a day now :wink:

Well I love community effort and I like to have your work included so people can choose from a whole bunch of ideas. For that matterā€¦ credit where credit is due :slight_smile: You totally deserve it.

The one thing (and i could beat myself up for not telling you earlier) the text is going to close to the right hand side of the sheet, both my TVs are overscanning a tiny bit and the text would be cut off there.

Would you like to make a bundle? it is freakishly easy I am happy to post it here how to do it.

Hi

This is my final file sheet look, unless anyone has further suggestions.

Ā Iā€™ve changed the certification text for the logos. Ā Taken the imdb rating off. Ā Added studio logos and video/audio bitrates and audio channel icon. Ā Moved some text around slightly just to align with my adjustments.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggest problem I see with most themes for the WDTV is that the text is hard to read on 42-55" screens. Episode or plot info is nice but too small. I do happen to like the GBBM font the best for usability with a slight increase in font size. The best experience is one you can of course tailor to yourself.

Iā€™m curious as to what size TVā€™s and how far back you guys sit when testing these themes?

Baconnaise wrote:

Biggest problem I see with most themes for the WDTV is that the text is hard to read on 42-55" screens. Episode or plot info is nice but too small. I do happen to like the GBBM font the best for usability with a slight increase in font size. The best experience is one you can of course tailor to yourself.

Iā€™m curious as to what size TVā€™s and how far back you guys sit when testing these themes?

I agree, that sometimes text is too small.  With Simplicity Iā€™ve had to increase the size of the covers text at the bottom.  I use a 42inch Panasonic plasma and sitting about 2.5 metres i would say

Gendji

Can you upload the revised theme please or do the bundle like Devicious said, but the template is fine :slight_smile:

DeVicious wrote:

Well I love community effort and I like to have your work included so people can choose from a whole bunch of ideas. For that matterā€¦ credit where credit is due :slight_smile: You totally deserve it.

The one thing (and i could beat myself up for not telling you earlier) the text is going to close to the right hand side of the sheet, both my TVs are overscanning a tiny bit and the text would be cut off there.

Would you like to make a bundle? it is freakishly easy I am happy to post it here how to do it.

Ok :-).

This version looks good on my TV without cutoffs:

Always eager 2 learn so yes please let me know how to make a bundle.

Baconnaise wrote:> Iā€™m curious as to what size TVā€™s and how far back you guys sit when testing these themes?

I have a 46 inch Samsung and i can read everything using Simplicity just fine.

Distance is around 3 meters.

pearl wrote:

Nice work Gendji, that looks great.

-P 

Thank you :slight_smile:

chris_h16 wrote:

Gendji

Can you upload the revised theme please or do the bundle like Devicious said, but the template is fine :slight_smile:

I will as soon as i figure out how to make one :slight_smile:

Gendji wrote:

Baconnaise wrote:> Iā€™m curious as to what size TVā€™s and how far back you guys sit when testing these themes?

I have a 46 inch Samsung and i can read everything using Simplicity just fine.

Distance is around 3 meters.

itā€™snot the distance the TVs are often overscanning this means they take half of an inch off on all 4 sides

I have 2 Samsung, 55" from the 8 Series one of them is a 4k (not released or named yet, get them from a job) both of them overscan.

Gendji wrote:

chris_h16 wrote:

Gendji

I will as soon as i figure out how to make one :slight_smile:

sent you a PM :wink:

1 Like