Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

Download & Read the user manual on page (1) :   Table of Contents      7. Genre Covers and Sheets

http://www.mediafire.com/?ua5x6m111aycwmy

Sir, I have loaded you theme in my hub, I find a problem that the movie link sheets work only for the extension avi files, where as for mkv and mp4 the sheet appears for a second and disappears, folder sheets are ok. Any advice on this will help me. Thank u in advance

Sir, I have loaded you theme in my hub, I find a problem that the movie link sheets work only for the extension avi files, where as for mkv and mp4 the sheet appears for a second and disappears, folder sheets are ok. Any advice on this will help me. Thank u in advance

You need to do either of these 2 things …

1. Manually edit your movie xml files… open with notepad (or notepad++)  and you will see this

eg.  Batman Begins         you need to delete it

2. If you don’t want to edit them … then simply delete the movie xmls altogether

Why is it doing this ?

The WDTV is displaying the movie name from the XML tag and not from the file name … which is why it displays for a second (the file name) then the linksheet quickly disappears … because then it displays the movie name from the XML file tag

Thanks a lot DeVicious… for the fast response. Your themeing is fantastic, I love it. I have to ask you for one more help. ie as I am in India and our languages will not have data or moviesheet covers on the internet. So supposing I need to put a text (name of the movie) instead of the “Oops movie cover not found” png, what do I do. which xml file to change and what change… I do a bit of software programming. This one more help is requested and will be of great help. Thank U.

I’m not DeVicious you goose :smileyvery-happy:

<--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway thanks for the suggestion and help

… and I am not a Sir :smileyvery-happy:

thanx Joey

I know longer own a WD device…

if someone wants to take over my themes and do with it whatever they want I am happy to give it to you.

I can’t really support this anymore because I my memory of details is fading.

If someone wants to take over shoot me a message.

I love this Theme. Its verry Nice and Modern. Does somebody maybe have the PSD file of this theme?

Hello

Any idea why my sheet is like that ? I can’t see MINUTES and the release date like on the previews on page one…

http://i.imgur.com/EJHsGsb.jpg

ty

quite obviously your system is not using the fonts delivered with the theme. install the fonts from the simplicity folder. If you need more details simply go through this thread or use the search function, no need to repeat the same Q&A over and over again,

1 Like

I see but there is no font file in the zip provided on page one though

Just curious since the SMP is no longer being produced or supported, can the Simplicity theme be used on other types of boxes?

If you mean “Non” WD TV’s eg. Android Boxes (Kodi/XBMC), Raspberry Pi etc

then … No

If you mean “Other” WD TV’s then … Yes

but, only WDTV Live Hub, WDTV Live Streaming and WDTV Media Player (2014 Edition)

Thanks, that’s what I was afraid of. I really love my WDTV and the Simplicity theme, and really wish that WD would continue to make them. Oh well, I probably won’t have to worry for a couple of years anyway.

Good luck with that plan. As most of the sites, like YouTube and such, change you will have fewer options. Then one day, just as most of us have, you’ll give up and look for something else. Maybe Kodi on a Zotac Zbox with Windows 10. A world away from WDs old WD Live hardware and it will take much longer to become obsolete.

@ fththemi

Those “Addons” in your Screenshot are “Banned Addons” … aka Piracy

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

… just sayin

OK so picture edited to conform to rules… :slight_smile:

Just sayin…

That Zotac looks interesting. What is everyone else using now that the WDTV’s are becoming obsolete? Anything out there that can give something similar to Simplicity (I’m assuming that would mean running Kodi).? I mostly use to stream from my WD EX4100, but I do use Youtube sometimes and Amazon Prime sometimes.