Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

Excellent Dev, psyched for a new theme from you! Thanks for the new years gift.

-P

DeVicious, IĀ“m always open to changes, especially important changes that you bring to us. IĀ“m ansious for your new theme and curious about scheme, funcionality, linksheets(??) and other stuff. Go aheadā€¦ and Happy New Year!

An improvement on Simplicity, is it possible? With your manual Simplicity has been so easy to use.

WOW !! Canā€™t wait Dev.

THANKS

never said anything about improvements :smileyvery-happy:

modern day designs and navigation requirements are very set in stone and none of my themes here meet any of those requirements. Ideally not only the Husband of the household will be able to watch a movieā€¦ the wife will be too therefore I am going for a look that has proven to do the job.

Other than that I wonā€™t show or say anything, there is no guarantee that youā€™ll like it and A LOT of people will be disappointed about the designā€¦

All I am saying for now is that I am consequently following a 2 version strategy. There will be a Thumbgen Version and a scraper version that will look decent enough that it is worth it. I am also planning on making my own ThumbGen Version since the code is open source nowā€¦

For the release end of the month there will only be 1 version

DeVicious wrote:

Happy New Year Everyone,

both of my current themes Black Mamba and Simplicity will be closed and the download links will be deleted on January 31st.

ā€¦ If any of the premium users who know my themes as good or better as me want to re-release Black Mamba or Simplicity they can contact me and will receive a theme with removed ā€œDeViciousā€ references. I will allow you to rebrand it. The list of people I would allow to do that is small and it canā€™t be another themer.If you are interested to keep the old themes alive contact me by January 20th.

DeVicious

this makes me laugh, who besides another themer would be capable of maintaining/editing the theme

but I can also understand wanting to make sure another themer does not use your work for profit, etc ā€¦

itā€™s still just nice that you do these at all, like you said itā€™s a service, and a free what at that :smiley:

you donā€™t need to know code to do this, trust me because i know nothing about codeā€¦ ask me about shoes i know everything :smiley:

1 Like

KAD79 wrote:

itā€™s still just nice that you do these at all, like you said itā€™s a service, and a free what at that :smiley:

Considering all the stuff she puts up with, Iā€™m very surprised to see a new theme from this source!

flhthemi wrote:

KAD79 wrote:

Considering all the stuff she puts up with, Iā€™m very surprised to see a new theme from this source!

what am I putting up with? :dizzy_face:

Grumpy old men, grumpy young men, WDs FW changes that cause rewrites and evermore confusion, people that dont/wont RTFM just to name a few ;)Ā 

Ā 

flhthemi wrote:

Grumpy old men, grumpy young men, WDs FW changes that cause rewrites and evermore confusion, people that dont/wont RTFM just to name a few ;) 

hehe ok :smileyvery-happy:

i couldnā€™t care less about the grumpy ones, they have bigger issues than me

and FW releases been upsetting in the past which was more less because of my own expectations. I have lowered my expectations to zero for that matter i cannot be disappointed anymore.

Some functions are really good and some are beyond any logic.
The thing is that theming is a nice option to have and we should be thankful for it, after all it brought me real life business. When I try to insist on logic functions I cannot win because the media library in example is so bad it makes me literally shiver. Having said that, as a product developer for a niche product you go along with it untill the support hotlines are glowing. Apparently they are not glowing yet and even when given a choice people would use that darn thing because they rather take a bad results page over missing out on youtube videos.

One thing is for sureā€¦
The Live Hub is a genius device and still the best out there for this kind of money because it simply plays everything and that is something you need to tell yourself once in a while, I have at least 10 similar devices at my offices or at home, none of them gives you the same freedom as the Live Hub and for that matter I am doing themes for myself and share them with you guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s why we love ya lady! Like a band of brothers (and sisters).

Ā 

DeVicious wrote:> One thing is for sureā€¦

The Live Hub is a genius device and still the best out there for this kind of money because it simply plays everything and that is something you need to tell yourself once in a while, I have at least 10 similar devices at my offices or at home, none of them gives you the same freedom as the Live Hub and for that matter I am doing themes for myself and share them with you guys. :slight_smile:

Your generosity (and skill) has not gone unnoticed. BM, GBBM & Simplicity have been running on my machines since the day you released them. Amazing themes, with install guides so everyone can use them. Thanks for sharing, and we waitā€¦psyched for this new release.

-P

DeV I cant thank you enough, I am still running GBBM on my 3 Hubs, Love IT! Thank you for all your hard work and making my Hubs look better, your hard work is appreciated. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m a WD TV live (SMP) user here.Ā  I have installed this theme and whilst it is mostly working, I cannot get the Link Sheets to display.Ā  Highlighted in RED below what is not displaying.

Ā  wdtv.jpg

Currently I am using the DEMO FILES that are supplied as part of the download.Ā  I have copied the contents of the linksheets and tried to put them in the following directory:

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\Simplicity Theme by DeVicious\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\Simplicity Theme\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\Simplicity\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\

• E:.wd_tv\theme\Simplicity Theme by DeVicious\

• E:.wd_tv\theme\Simplicity Theme\

• E:.wd_tv\theme\Simplicity\

• E:.wd_tv\theme\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\theme\Simplicity Theme by DeVicious\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\theme\Simplicity Theme\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\theme\Simplicity\

• E:.wd_tv\thumb\theme\

For the life of me I cannot get these working! Any help is appreciated.

You probably dont have them named correctly. Read the instructions about renaming linksheets and then putting them in the theme folder.Ā 

Ā 

I think the problem might be that Iā€™m not running the theme off my USBā€¦ but Iā€™m not too sure how I would go about setting that up?

I am using the homebrew firmware KAD79 posted about

@Gendji said ā€œBoth the theme and the linksheets are running from the USB Stick and it works like a charm.ā€

Ā 

Iā€™m just not sure how to run a them off of USB on the SMP device.

EDIT: I feel like I am a step closer now.Ā  I have managed to get the theme run off the USB by dumping the files in ā€œ.themeā€ as per http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8707&start=0 however Link sheets still wont display :confused:

UPDATE: This is now working.Ā  Looks like the firmware hadnā€™t been applied properly because my harddrive was in NTFS format.Ā  Changign to FAT32 worked :slight_smile:

Where are you Dev, waiting with bated breath

1st Feb here in Oz

Cheers

She needs to write themes for XBMC!

Ā 

Ā 

I think she may be very busy right now.
Her links are still working and should have been removed yesterday at least that was her plan.
Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll turn up at some point. I know life can make you very busy and change plans.