Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

You shouldn’t gave media library turned on with this theme as it causes all sort of problems. You get the covers etc. from the linksheets

DeVicious, when in photos I don’t get any photo thumbnail of folders within my photos share, u just get the standard P image. Can I fix this?

honestly i wouldnt know, i try some things

Is the folder icon with the P a standard place holder from your theme?

yes it is it smybolises an folder with images inside, to show an actualy picture there should be an image instead if the image is in the root directory of that folder and not in subfolders

Yesterday I update Thumbgen to version 1.3.8.3 and since yesterday I can´t create Moviesheet and Cover, because Thumbgen show me an empty page for those film.

Locolopes, are you using the moviedb.org as I believe there is currently an issue with their apiband tjumbgen, a fix will be released soon.

Yes, chris_h16. I´m using TheMovieDB.org. Running with a TV show (Breaking Bad) with TheTVDB.com works fine. So, lets wait the fix.

Thanks…

Hi everyone, I don’t know if this is the right place to post this.

Currently I’m using Black Mamba theme but I want to change to simplicity. So I’m generating all the sheets. Everything goes fine except that with some movies thumbgen closes without any error or warning when it’s retrieving the info.

Doesn’t matter if the movie is in a network device or in a local HD. It happens always with the same movies, for example “Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams”. And if I change to BM profile it works fine.

I’ve tried, a few things: cleaning templates and profiles, a previous version of ThumbGen, import info from local xml, nothing worked.

This is mostly annoying cause instead of leaving thumbgen to create thumbs automatically and then correct the ones that weren’t found or mismatches, I have to do it by parts starting by the last generated sheet.

So any suggestion on how to find or solve the problem will be welcome.

Excuse my english

PD: Great job with both BM and SImplicity, my kudos :smiley:

I am hoping someone out there can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have recently purchased a new WD TV Live Hub and would like to use this awesome looking Simplicity Theme by DeVicious.

I have downloaded the following: Simplicity Theme Pack, Simplicity user manual, Bundle Add On (Season Sheets), TV Series Sheet By GENDJI, Simplicity Sheets by DeVicious Update1.9.bundle, ThumbGen 1.3.9.2, & Bulk Rename Utility.

I have copied the folder “Simplicity Theme by DeVicious” to my WD TV Live Hub’s .wd_tv\theme folder and setup my WD TV Live Hub to use this theme and that working fine.

I then went onto my WD TV Live Hub and deleted my Media Library and also turned off Media Library.

I have then deleted any “Thumb” folders located in .wd_tv folder and also deleted “.miocrawler_cache” “twonkymedia.db” & “.uploadtemp”.

I have then created a folder called WDTV in “C:\Users\Public\Pictures” then opened ThumbGen and choose Manage Bundles and added “Simplicity by DeVicious ver 1.8” &  “Simplicity Update 1.9 by DeVicious ver 1.9”

Here is where I am stuck and hoping someone can help me out. I have my WD TV Live Hub connected to my home network via cat5 and on my Windows 7 PC I am connecting to it by mapping drive Z: to \192.168.1.136\WDTVLiveHub

As I am just getting started with this I just wanted to put one movie on it for now until I get more familiar with it so here is how I have my folder structure now.

In the root folder I have created a folder called Movies then a subfolder called Action then my movie file "Iron.Man.3.iso

I open ThumbGen and under Current Profile I select “Simplicity - Moviesheet & Cover” in the collectors I have only selected “TheMovieDB.org” I then select “Process files/folders” and placed a check on the movie Iron.Man.3.iso located on my mapped drive Z: in the folder structure mention above.

I then select “Semiautomatic Mode” I then choose the correct movie tt1300854 from the IMDB results. For this test I will just let it generate automatically. When it finishes I go to “C:\Users\Public\Pictures” and all I see is the moviesheet “Iron.Man.3.iso.jpg” and also when I go to where the movie on the WD TV Live Hub is stored I see a new file “Iron.Man.3.jpg” file.

I have renamed the “Iron.Man.3.iso.jpg” file located in “C:\Users\Public\Pictures” to “Iron.Man.3.iso” and moved it to "Z:.wd_tv\theme\Simplicity Theme by DeVicious" but when I go onto my WD TV Live Hub and look around I either get a lot of views displaying just the movie sheet or Opps no file found message.

What I am missing here and why does ThumbGen create two moviesheet files?

Delete “Thumbs” etc again as you did at first, and then restart the Hub.

Thumbgen is creating what you asked for, 1 x moviesheet file “Iron.Man.3.iso.jpg” and 1 x cover file “Iron.Man.3.jpg”

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

Delete “Thumbs” etc again as you did at first, and then restart the Hub.

Thumbgen is creating what you asked for, 1 x moviesheet file “Iron.Man.3.iso.jpg” and 1 x cover file “Iron.Man.3.jpg”

Cheers

FYI:

RESTART = Power off (Long Press RED Power button on remote OR use Setup menu to RESTART OR Pull out the plug)

Thank you for the replies.

I decided to start over so I reset my WD TV Live Hub back to factory and formatted the internal drive and started over. I found a PDF “THUMBGEN_TUTORIAL_FOR_TV_SHOWS.pdf” that explained how to use ThumbGen in more detail and seeing DeVicious “DEMO FILES (open me)” in the theme pack helped me understand how this works.

Thanks again.

Seems the latest version of thumbgen fixed the problem I had, but still are some movies that info isn’t being retrieved (same issue than locolope).

I’ve tried using my own info file for the issued movies and worked fine, though it must be “nfo”, didn’t worked with xml format even if it has the same content and is in the same location.

Regards

I love this theme. The only issue I’ve encountered so far is that I don’t seem to have a default thumbnail for Preview Mode. What I mean is that in all other views, if I haven’t generated a thumbnail for a folder or file there’s a default image that says “…oops no cover found,” but in Preview View there’s nothing to mark any of the spots without thumbnails – both folders and files. I haven’t dug into the xml to mess with anything, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the great theme, and I really like how active this community is.

Nice Work DeVicious, i might just break open my old Hub just for the Theme.

Thank you for your hard work and sharing such a beautiful theme.

Thanks For This Great Theme. :slight_smile:

Any guides on where to start? I have installed the theme but it is installed properly. I still get the moichi theme popping up on some screens. And where do we install the linksheets after we are done? Do they go on the hard drive with movies? Or do they go in the theme folder?

greenlantern5 wrote:

Any guides on where to start? I have installed the theme but it is installed properly. I still get the moichi theme popping up on some screens. And where do we install the linksheets after we are done? Do they go on the hard drive with movies? Or do they go in the theme folder?

If you downloaded the theme there is an instruction pdf file - Simplicity User Manual 1.0.pdf

Cheers