Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

Oh my God…!

if your hub is switching between the themes you have the GoldKing Virus,

this will destroy your hardware within 72 hours, you can only prevent that from sending the king of Nigeria 1000 USD

Kidding :slight_smile: you have to send 2000 USD to me :laughing:

I didn’t care to redesign that page

Ok fair enough.  Do you still feel the same way? :slight_smile:

it’ll be fixed among other little things with the next update

I’ve just noticed something, wondered if anyone else has.

On the folder/genre sheets the lights from the leds along the top of the sheet from the home screens show through along with the ones from the movie sheet.  On the movie sheets, it only has the leds from the movie sheet.

chris_h16 wrote:On the folder/genre sheets the lights from the leds along the top of the sheet from the home screens show through along with the ones from the movie sheet.  On the movie sheets, it only has the leds from the movie sheet.

… and penguin are black and white…

no?.. i thought we are stating facts :smileyvery-happy:

Explain?

Is it just me that has this issue?

chris_h16 wrote:

Explain?

Is it just me that has this issue?

it is not an issue , the folder sheets fanart is slightly transparent to avoid oversaturation. if you see something else as in the previews reinstall your bundles.

I am very new to the WD Hub (about a week)  and am using your theme.  (All my videos are stored on network drives)

Loving it so far and think it is awesome. 

As I am a n00b I am guessing it is either supposed to work as stated below, or I am doing something very stupid.

1. When doing the TV shows I have to do each season in 3 passes,

i) TV folder sheet & season & show cover

ii) TV covers season & show

iii) TV sheet & cover

Doing it in this order gets everything I need. Now I realise what I was doing wrong when I first started, it is now realy easy

one problem I have found (again probably something I have missed)

I originally accidentally over wrote my TV Shows Folder, with one of the shows folders, which changed the folder.jpg to that shows picture,   When I found my mistake, I recreated the the correct one again (I copied a random episode to the root and recreated the folder.jpg using the TV folder sheet & season & show cover workflow. 

However, the old (wrong) one is still displaying.   Are the folder.jpg files cached locally on the hub anywhere, as I cannot seem to find them?   Is there any other way to fix this?

Finally, will there be an update, that will include the Live TV option that came in one of the udates? (and games, but I am not bothered about the games bit)

Many thanks again for this awesome theme.

Cheers

DD

deaddingo wrote:

one problem I have found (again probably something I have missed)

I originally accidentally over wrote my TV Shows Folder, with one of the shows folders, which changed the folder.jpg to that shows picture,   When I found my mistake, I recreated the the correct one again (I copied a random episode to the root and recreated the folder.jpg using the TV folder sheet & season & show cover workflow. 

However, the old (wrong) one is still displaying.   Are the folder.jpg files cached locally on the hub anywhere, as I cannot seem to find them?   Is there any other way to fix this?

Cheers

DD

HUB does seem to cache jpgs for folder (at least for me as well) when I change an existing jpg. I first try and just shut down to the HUB into standby and bring it back up. Sometime (rarely) that works. When it doesn’t, a full shutdown (hold power button for 5 seconds or so) seems to take care of the issue. Bring it back online and should show the new jpg.

-P

@ deaddingo

you have to delete the thumb folder the hub created on your drive (.wd_tv\thumb)

delete it while you are on the main menu, if that still doesn’t do it then reboot as Pearl suggested.

Thanks both of you.   I did what Pearl suggested and it worked.   Will try your suggestion next time as that will probably save me from having to set up the IP address again.

One other question (not sure if this is for you, or if it is due to the thumbgen program),  when using the TV sheets, is there a way to add info about the show when it does not find it?  for example,  when doing Doctor Who, the normal episodes get the info as expected, but the special episodes just show blank.   I cannot see a way of adding these episode number, title and description, as thumbgen does not shows the extra section after comments etc.

Imdb and thetvdb both show the specials in the correct locations.

cheers

DD

1 Like

you gotta check out on thetvdb how they are listed, usually the specials are listed as Season 0

thetvdb lists them inline with each season and just calls then ‘Special’    As they are inline with the episodes I can’t really put them in another folder.   Anyhoo,  not that much of an issue.   Will see what I can do, even if I just photoshop the episodes I need.

Thanks anyway.

Will you be doing an update to add the live TV option to the main page in the near future?

Cheers

deaddingo wrote:

Thanks both of you.   I did what Pearl suggested and it worked.   Will try your suggestion next time as that will probably save me from having to set up the IP address again.

DD

You should not have to setup your IP adress when you re-boot the device. You are not resetting anything, just powering down.

-P

Thanks for clarifying that.  I have had a few issues with the IP resetting itself after a power off. (will do some digging around the forums).

Cheers

DeVicious, you said to remove .miocrawler_cache, .uploadtemp and thumb folders when install Simplicity Theme for the first time. 

And what folders must be removed when we do maintenance (new movies, series,…)? Again those three or only thumb folder? For example, I insert today the 6 episodes of The Newsroom Season 2 in the hub. Before playing it, I need to remove thumb and make a hub reboot?

Thanks again…

Im not sure why you would have to remove any files. I add movies to genre folders, and new TV series and episodes all the time without issue. After running them through Thumbgen to make the sheets and covers, I copy them to the directories on my fileserver and that’s about it. Sometime I have to reboot the HUB to get it to see them but that’s the most I ever do. 

What happens when you add the folder for season two of The Newsroom and reboot? I assume you are not using the media library correct?

-P

1 Like

When I add some movies (usually in large quantities of movies/episodes) with linksheets generated by ThumbGen, the JPEG file(s) are not show in the destination (HUB) until I remove THUMBS fodler and make a new reboot in HUB.

This is also a legacy of procedures adopted themed Darklight. If is a right procedure? I don´t know, but works…

when starting a new theme and have new movie sheets it makes a whole lot of sense to clean out all previously generated cache files!

The thumbnail cache can be annoying, I simply remove all thumb folders and it works you could also rename the main folders… it is just something you should do when it doesn’t resolve itself

1 Like

Hello Everybody,

I read a lot of post, but did not find my anwser to a problem i have.  Why are some covers not showing.

The moviesheets are working great, but some covers are not and i get the message “…oops no cover found”

Or “oh oh something is wrong” and at the bottom the movie name.

I hope some one can help me.

Thanx