Simple - A new theme for the WDTV Streaming (Work in Progress)

Hi desertwedge

Thanks for sharing the Theme, can see a lot off work as gone into it.

Now that many – who are knowledgeable enough to create themes seem to have left the forum, it is very nice to see.

I like the simplicity of this and up until now have been using the Alaska Resurgence  Theme by JoeySmyth. Which does not seem to be being developed any more – shame

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/ALASKA-RESURFACE-7-3-12/m-p/327445/highlight/true#M5550

The one thing that is particularly unique about that them is that in Gallery view, it displays 15 or 18 movies/ videos and you do not use moviesheest, just the .xml data downloaded by the WD player itself. With many films collected, this gives a quicker visual overview off the films and makes it quicker to scan though them page at a time – so to speak.

I gave up with moviesheets, although many themer’s  persevered with them, I found the delay off a few sec before each one appeared, became to irritating.

The only negative point from my point of view was the info from the film could off had a bigger font and more space for it to be displayed in full.( I did use the mod that someone did which mad the left had larger icon landscape instead of portrait in size)

So may be 2 row of 6 icons displayed and the info along the bottom.

So why am I saying all of this, Like the theme you done a lot, going to download it now and have a play. There does not appear to be many people doing Themes anymore and clearly you have the skills – which I do not. Just putting forward ideas and thoughts, for this or any other theme and may be an alternative look for the Gallery view.

Maybe other members might like to give views on the Gallery view

Tony

1 Like