Shuttle XL works for about an hour, then goes offline

I connect and power up my MacBook pro 2017, evewrything seems to be working just fine. Then, randomly, sometimes soon, sometimes after several hours. The Shuttle XL just become unresponsive and it won’t let me interact with anything on the drive. The only way to recover is to restart my computer. Everything that is accessing the drive, my premiere, after effects, anything, becomes unresponsive or the media goes offline.

What the heck? This is craziness. I’ve never had a drive behave like this. Let alone one that I spent 4 grand on. Displeased.

It definitely shouldn’t be occurring while active but check your system preferences Energy Saver settings and make sure “put drives to sleep when possible” is unchecked. And also disable sleep mode and see if that helps.

If it is still occurring then its possible there is a hardware fault in the unit you purchased and it would need to be returned for another unit.

1 Like

Definitely still happening, I had already turned off all the sleep options and it was happening. I reformatted the drive a couple times, it’s still happening. I think this unit needs to be replaced.

RMA creation use the chassis SN to create the RMA and make sure to only send in the chassis, keep your drives.

I’m getting this after entering the chassis SN. I tried entering the chassis PN as well but it’s not recognized. What should i do from here?

11 AM

You’ll need to call in to support to get it manually created. 888.426.5214 for US based support.