Shuffle picks same few songs from playlists

Even if it doesn’t 'shuffle" the WD Hub is FAR from deserving of the epithet, “paperweight”… 

I’m hopeful that sorting out the shuffle problem will also lead to improving the audio interface in general, especially to allow into sub folders… 

Yes. I have exactly the same problem. It says there are 317 songs in the playlist (which is correct), but if I scroll trough them it shows me 64 songs it starts from the top of the list again and scrolls through the same 64 songs. Playback only plays the first 64 songs and shuffle only chooses from the first 64 songs.

I had tried creating playlists with different songs, I also tried making them with different software including Playlist Creator and Winamp and saving them in different formats M3U, .PLS and M3U8. Everytime the same thing. Sees only 64 tracks.

It was driving me nuts. Glad it’s not just me and that a fix is being worked on.

Guy K, I noticed your post that the problem is being worked on was 4 weeks ago. Any update? Thanks.

We’re currently testing a potential fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the update  ;-) 

Thanks Guy K.

Hi Guy_K,

It’s been a month since you reported you were testing the potential fix. Any update on it? Do you have a date by which the fix will be released?

Cheers,

Cipps.

Maybe Commenting On and “Thumbing Up”  this thread… 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/A-Better-Audio-Player-Interface/idi-p/196758

Will help WD realize that as an audio player the WD Hub needs improvement… 

:wink:  

Cipps wrote:

Hi Guy_K,

It’s been a month since you reported you were testing the potential fix. Any update on it? Do you have a date by which the fix will be released?

Cheers,

Cipps.

Sorry, I can’t comment on release dates. The fix was verified as working, though.

Hi Guy_K,

Thanks for your post. When you said that the 

“fix was verified as working”

– did you mean that the update/fix had already been released or that the WD team is working on the issue and had successfully tested a fix?

I really like the Hub but will add my voice to the number of people to whom this fix is very important.

thanks.

I’m sure he was referring to the firmware released on August 5th.

… except PLAYLISTS are now screwed up entirely.

So SHUFFLE now might work right, but PLAYLISTS don’t.

I’ll take a working shuffle over playlists, any day…  Especially if that shuffle reads into subfolders.  

YMMV

Yeah, shuffle seems to work, but playlists are totally borked. What good is a working shuffle if I can’t load a playlist containing songs?

**bleep**.

Hi, I have been follwoing this thread for months now, before i go and buy the Live Hub. Can Guy_K or anyone else please confirm that I can use the Live Hub as a music jukebox to play over 15,000 songs in different folder/sub-folders. I want to only use the media player as a jukebox to play my entire music libraryo on shuffle mode, else plaese suggest alternatives. Many thanks

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say, “No.” From the manual, “All the audio files in the current music
folder/playlist are shuffled until you press STOP or Back.”  The critical phrase here is _current music folder._  The Hub will neither shuffle nor play outside of the current folder.  And, the word is that playlists are messed up in the latest firmware (and, do you really want to create a 15,000 song playlist?).  I can’t speak to that, since I quit updating at 2.05.  I suggest you look into Dune, Squeezebox, or Sonos.  A lot more money for those, but that may not be an issue for you.

Play MP3’s, shuffled into sub-folders… or don’t play them at all. 

Anything else is pointless. 

“do you really want to create a 15,000 song playlist?”

No… I want to random-play-all my 35,000+ MP3s…  Plently of media players do it… the WD hub SHOULD be able to as well.