Should i return mine WD TV live?

Wow i just found out about the Streaming model. Kinda pissed because it comes with wi-fi and better remote.

I got the Live model on discount, quite cheaper then they used to sell it… probably clearance because they still had some old models. How much will i miss the stuff they added in the new model? I plan to use WD TV just for streaming, play back from my hard drive and occasional youtube. I imagine browsing the youtube is quite nicer with the new remote.

I haven’t really followed the “scene” in a while. I just needed a media player and i heard good stuff about WD TV before.

torey_caylor wrote:

Wow i just found out about the Streaming model. Kinda pissed because it comes with wi-fi and better remote.

I got the Live model on discount, quite cheaper then they used to sell it… probably clearance because they still had some old models. How much will i miss the stuff they added in the new model? I plan to use WD TV just for streaming, play back from my hard drive and occasional youtube. I imagine browsing the youtube is quite nicer with the new remote.

I haven’t really followed the “scene” in a while. I just needed a media player and i heard good stuff about WD TV before.

The streaming model (SMP) will do all the things you require and with the wi-fi live is much easier.

Check around for best price, some members are getting it from the USA, although I bought locally awhile back from Officeworks $139, should be cheaper now, I preferred locally just incase of warranty, return etc, if required.

Have not had any problems with it.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. I did just that :slight_smile:

Luckily they had some of the new/current models in stock and i simply swapped mine for the new one :).

I wouldn’t be able to live without wi-fi knowing the current one has it. Also the bigger remote will come in handy for casual youtube use.

torey_caylor wrote:

Thanks for the response. I did just that :slight_smile:

Luckily they had some of the new/current models in stock and i simply swapped mine for the new one :).

I wouldn’t be able to live without wi-fi knowing the current one has it. Also the bigger remote will come in handy for casual youtube use.

Glad to hear you swapped it for the SMP.

I don’t know which firware it will have on it, I am on firmware  V1.04.12 and have had no problems with it, no point in upgrading if every thing is OK and there is nothing in the new upgrades that you need.

Cheers

I’m not too nitpicky as long as it does it’s job well. Will definitely put it through good use.

cheers :slight_smile: