Sharing HDD with WD Player and another device?

Hi

I have a satelite reciever with USB port for recording the TV.

I use it to record TV movies on my Western Digital MyBook Essential.

Is there any way to share this External USB HDD with a WD TV Live ?

I want to record the TV and use WD Player with my HDD  at the same time :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks

Have you search the rest of the forum about this? I’d give it a try. Or, have you tried contacting WD’s Technical Support about this? I would consider giving them a call or sending them an email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Thanks a lot

I couldn’t find  my answer in the forum and I’ll ask the support :smiley:

Bill_S wrote:

Have you search the rest of the forum about this? I’d give it a try. Or, have you tried contacting WD’s Technical Support about this? I would consider giving them a call or sending them an email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

why do we have WD Community Manager’s on here when all they do is offer 2 form letter responses, the one above with , “have you SEARCH the rest of the forum…”, (i guess they meant “searched”)…" or the other one stating our questions or concerns should be posted in the IDEA sections.

sorry, i have no idea about your problem, but here’s hoping someone will be able to help you out with a direct answer.

brucered wrote:

why do we have WD Community Manager’s on here when all they do is offer 2 form letter responses, the one above with , “have you SEARCH the rest of the forum…”, (i guess they meant “searched”)…" or the other one stating our questions or concerns should be posted in the IDEA sections.

sorry, i have no idea about your problem, but here’s hoping someone will be able to help you out with a direct answer.

The WD Community is a user-to-user support forum. As Moderators, we are here simply to facilitate and oversee the community. If you have a question relating to what’s going on in the community, we will be happy to respond. However, if you are looking direct technical support from WD, you will need to contact them in your region. 

-WendyM

well your “moderator” just went and placed the same automated response to just about every question on here - what’s the sense in that?