Shared sub-folders continuously re-created

Dear all,

I would like to get rid of the three Shared Music, Shared Pictures, and Shared Videos sub-folders of the standard Public share. However, each time I delete them, they show up again the morning after. Any trick to disable the automatic creation of the folders? I’ve grepped some config files and could find nothing about these folders…

Edit: I’ve just verified that these three sub-folders get recreated each time the server is restarted.

Hi, these shared folders will always be there by default, there is currently no option to delete them. 

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. Will they appear again if I deleted the Public folder and created a new share with a different name? Or if just renamed the Public folder?

Hi again, there is no option to delete or modify the Public folder, some users have requested this option in the Ideas boards. All of the popular ideas are taken into consideration for future firmware updates. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Delete-Public-Share-Folder-or-Restrict-Access/idc-p/725372#M405