i feel all of you guys. this is my very first attempt to setup NAS. read a number of reviews but I guess i missed this part. I purchased first the my cloud on Jan 3rd and the very next day, went back to the store and had it replaced with the my cloud home. my intention other than having a centralized storage for the family, is to have a common folder where we can dump files for everyone in the family to have access. secondly, i just setup my sonos and had an issue where my listening pleasure is being cut whenever my computer shuts-off. thus, made the move to setup the nas knowing that it will solve two of my issues.
hopefully, WD will be able to patch a fix for this one.
for those with sonos setup, i was able to find a workaround. on my Mac, MyCloudHome is not showing on the Shared folder, even if I mapped it, system won’t find it. what i did, as others might find it useful:
- make sure File Sharing is enabled on your Settings
- set the StaticIP for the MyCloudHome
- on Finder, press Command-K and then type \\assigned IP address
- login as Guest
- Once in, you will see the PUBLIC folder. you may then start creating your folder
- I created Music folder and mapped it from Sonos and worked just fine
however, when I am using the app from my phone, i can’t still see this public folder.
bottomline, WD, a lot of your users are expecting this fix. please…