Shared Folder

Hi I got the update notification in my mobile app but I could not find the Family Folder. Can any one show me where can i find this folder? Thanks.

Hi I got mobile app update and in the computer as well but still not “Family Folder” or I m blind.

1 Like

The mobile app is precursor to the server update. Never seen front end update before back end before.

Update will be rolled out in phases.

The last update on mobile, it seems like it doesn’t backup my data on my phone. Anyone experiencing the same? My last backup was on March 21, for all the devices connected, but we have pics and videos taken after March 21. Cleared the app cache, restarted the device and rebooted my modem… same issue.

“Your My Cloud Home is filling up” about 2 days ago started. The cloud always busy and noise. I can’t use. What can I do?

Got the Family Folder. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Me too. I got a update just before I removed a discovery because it was “offline” but it wasn’t… And now I have a family folder. But I not sure this picture is right.

this ■■■■■! i thought this shouldve been resolved by now, a NAS that isnt a NAS . disappointing as F

2 Likes

I don’t understand why an OWNER user cannot see files uploaded by other regular Users. It makes no sense at all. That’s like an Administrator on a computer not able to see other regular user’s files. It’s just basic computing.
Why is an OWNER not seeing ALL files on the device?
Can someone from WD please explain the misguided logic that went into someone at WD deciding this?

If you want complete privacy between people they would just go and buy another device.

I am trying to use one MyCloudHome for the family and keep all photos and files synced to it. But I cannot see any photos from other users. This is the very basic concept of NAS isn’t it?

Like I said if a user wants their own device and want complete privacy then they wouldn’t be on a shared storage device within a home/family.

Why would you push this misguided logic down peoples throats? Seriously I am very disappointed.

An OWNER is an OWNER - the concept is pretty simple. That person OWNS the device and all files in it regardless of who puts files in it.

At least would you please give an option for the ability for someone who buys your product to decide on this instead of you deciding for them?

This missing feature almost appears as of every user has something to hide but they are all in the same drive. Complete bananas really.

I know the post is strong but this is ridiculous that no one at WD questioned the logic behind and OWNER not having access to all files on a device.

2 Likes

Also bringing the Family folder feature is not solving the problem at all. The family folder should’ve already been there.

An OWNER needs to see ALL files on a device. PERIOD.

Please fix it or at least give an option for the regular User to say ‘allow Owner access to this folder’ or some sort of permission that a regular user would set to enable permission for OWNER to view their files.

I am very dissatisfied with this feature missing. Never expected for WD to completely overlook this.

I’m very disappointed. This product is s…t. Another problem is very slow. Reading also.

I am quite displeased with the functionality of the MCH I have bought. My WD My Book Live failed and that is why I bought the MCH expecting the same functionality.

Well what a waste!!! It does share directories, but accessing them is not in a manner I would have expected of a Western Digital product.

I agree that making it simple may be an option, but limiting the functionality is not the solution.

I ask the Western Digital team to bring back true NAS access and soon.

Would you please direct the necessary effort to resolve the problem. Thanks

I just purchased My Cloud Home hoping to migrate My Cloud 4TB
to My Cloud Home 6TB -

WD - you missed the boat. The new interface Sxxks

You Broke something that worked

My new strategy: continue migrating my files to My Cloud Home
and search for other NAS in the market that are similar to
the user interface to My Cloud

I’m royally Pxxsed off!!!

1 Like

Additionally, I tried using the utility … copy files from MY cloud to MY CLOUD HOME and here’s the message:

prod-afc067390789579.mycloud.com is currently unable to handle this request.

Thank you WD for fixing a product that was not broken!!!

Hi Matt,

It’s 2.5 years now, any progress on this? I think this is a basic function for a user to limit the size or create partition for backup and other things.

Thanks!

Unbelievable even had a reply back from WD agreeing but saying nothing.
I have a My Book Live and it has great sharing features but they discontinued the ability to create remote shares when they introduced new products like the My Cloud Home.

TBH I bought this for the embedded Plex server and to replace My Book Live , never realised they would not include basic file sharing especially as there are secure samba systems out there, more secure than windows.

I have to keep both but my next NAS system won’t be a Western Digital its not as though it cost them much to develop as tcore NAS features are open source and built into most linux implementations. they just let marketing drive the product features around social media use as though everyone in the family would want there personal files etc shared.
I guess WD management must be 18th Century because My sons wouldn’t share with me and visa versa apart from family friendly stuff.
They are idiots my sons laughed at the idea, we set up pvt shares on the old MyBookLive with a workaround :wink: after they killed the service.

Just bought a new pen based W10 system and mad as hell WD have not implemented decent sharing.
At least I can get my own back as the family IT guru and as a an ex IT Manager and Engineering Dev Team Lead I never recommend or consider WD and I have a lot of influence with the National and local IT.

I totally agree!

Sorry WD but to open old wounds up what use is a NAS drive you have pretty much locked down. I bought today not realising as, I have a drive from 3 or 4 years ok that ummm worked as a NAS!! I found the forum after going round in circles trying to use MY drive, it actually feels like WD think they still own it & have locked it down to protect it!!!
Sorry for my English & Grammar everyone

2 Likes