Share Usage Wrong - Shows 1.5TB with Only 3GB Actual Usage

Drive is showing 0 space remaining of 2TB. One share shows 1.5TB usage but I can only find 3GB actual files in that share. Checked in Windows File Explorer and through Linux via Putty. Any suggestions?

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: My Cloud: Dashboard Zero Capacity, No Data Volume Mounted and Shares Not Accessible or Missing

Thanks but article didn’t help. My drive doesn’t have encryption and no shares are missing.

Resolved the problem temporarily by copying all visible data in Windows File Explorer from the share (3GB copied), deleted all files from that share in Windows File Explorer (Dashboard then showed 0GB). Copied all data back to the share (Dashboard then showed 3GB). A week later that share again showed 1.5TB even though I can only find 3GB of data. Thinking of replacing the whole drive.

Thanks but article didn’t help. My drive doesn’t have encryption and no shares are missing.

Resolved the problem temporarily by copying all visible data in Windows File Explorer from the share (3GB copied), deleted all files from that share in Windows File Explorer (Dashboard then showed 0GB). Copied all data back to the share (Dashboard then showed 3GB). A week later that share again showed 1.5TB even though I can only find 3GB of data. Thinking of replacing the whole drive.