Share space hard drives not working in external enclosure

Hello, I have a WD share space, the 4Tb model (so 4 1 tb hard drives) I recently restored it to factory defaults and it stopped working, still powers on, all the drives show green, but it doesn’t show up on my computer when plugged in by Ethernet, or when plugged into a router (when plugged into the router I get the icon to connect to the drive via an internet browser, but it wont let me make any changes, and the media sharing icon, in my computer). anyways, I pulled the drives and plugged them into a external housing (works with other drives so its not the housing) and the computer does its little beep that you always get when plugging in stuff, but they never show up in my computer. so the question is what should I try next.

Are you SURE your housing supports 4TB drives? Few do.

the hard drives are only 1tb each, but the housing supports up to 8tb drives anyways.

D’oh, yeah, you said that. :slight_smile: So you say they don’t show up on your computer – what are you expecting to see that’s not happening? If the disk doesn’t show up in the disk manager, then I’m not sure what the problem would be. If it DOES show up in disk manager, you’ll probably need to reformat it into a usable file system. Not sure what Sharespace uses, but Windows will want an NTFS or exFAT volume.

figured it out, thank you. I was expecting it to show up in my computer, but I found it threw disk manager, and then had to delete all the partitions before it let me reformat.

Sharespace uses a LINUX format, EXT2 or 3 I think.