Share Folder not listed in WD My Cloud Dashboard

Greetings,

I have probably created a Share by mistake. It is still present in my Network - 192.168.1.xxx windows (7 pro 64bit) Explorer Window.

The same Share is NOT listed in WD MyCloud Dashbord in Share section. Thus I cannot delete it from there.

How can I get rid/delete of this Share?

Thank you in advance.

2 ways

If comfortable with Linux and editing files manually edit /etc/samba/overall_share, take a backup before and after

or do a system only restore, this leaves data & shares in place and resets everything else like new

Thank you.

Any other simlest way to solve this?

Once restoring System Only I will have to reconfigure the system - account, any dashboard setting, name, etc. Right?

Please confirm or disconfirm.

What could be a potential impact of htat kind of restoring, shall I collect any data to put in (I mean Dashboard configuration) after restoring, etc.?

Once more I thank you for your kind sharing.

except for data & shares everything else need to be reconfigured, name, IP, users, passwords, remote access etc after the system only restore.

backups are always important and especially before any major operation. WD says the system only restore leaves data and shares in place, I have done it once with no issues and i have not seen anyone else report issues with it either

DO NOT do either of the factory restores as they delete all data

Except for the hassel of re-configuring it should not be an issue to do the system only restore

edit:

one other point when creating the users and setting the user share permissions take your time do one at a time. I believe rushing this is what has caused the overall_share issues

Thank you.

I am about to proceed.

I will let you know about the results ans eventually I will share the problems.

I have restored HD with System Only option.

Three new Shares have been added:

TimeMachineBackup
SmartWare

and… one with my name - this one is not listed in WD My Cloud Dashboard!

A have managed delete a previous orphan (not listed in Dashboard) Share  this time it apeared in Dashboard.

Same problem with a new-added Share with my name - not listed.

Moreover I have the following message prompting from time to time:

Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)

Post Scriptum.

While shuting down the HD (via Dashboard-Utility) I have just got the following message:

• Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)

• Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (200000)

• settings_hdd_standby_time_form_error

• diagnostics_tests_form_error

• settings_device_ntp_form_error

• settings_device_timezone_form_error