Setup share folders win 10

I have a WD media player box and i dont know how i share folders with this box so i can watch movies and pictures or listen to my music with this box.

I know how to share folders but my WD box dont understand where or how to find these folders i shared…
Please tell how this works ?

Using win 10

Your link has one character to many and links to nothing. Remove the underscore at the end and the link will work. Like this:

Thx but how do i get the share folders on my pc to work with this box ?

Everytime i try to fix this box from hell…i start to think its the box from Hellraiser !
Then i get either invalid username or password even it i set the username and password 100 times now.

Or i get some kind of no media for playback error…

First i had boxeebox and it endet up with the company left us all.
Tnen i bought this WD box and found some post about it dont support win 10 somehow
And every video i find is outdated and dont help me at all…dont tell me i have to find a 3rd box system
like the shield from nvidia or a box from steam.

I am close to throwing this box out in the garbagecan and jump on the remote and eat the batteries only to [Deleted] em out again…thats how mad and agry and frustrated i am with this hellraiser box !

Please tell me im wrong

I have never used the player for anything other that playing movies from an external Hard Drive, so can’t offer any advice. I also am looking at what to get as a replacement and the nVidia Shield TV is my first choice.
I have to import it from Amazon so am waiting for Amazon to set up shop in Australia ,in July, before I get one.

Yeah this fing box from hell is outdated… i will also get the nvidia shield over this piece of [Deleted] that was awsome in 1980
So i bid you farwell in here WD Haha

The WDTV, if it works, in my experience, is second to none, pure brilliant. But I have experienced the things you say along the way, until now, where I never get any problems (apart from sharing switching off only once in a while, and that’s Windows, updates or scans causing it).

So now to your point. The path you have to take may be long and detailed. The things you mention, I know have been dealt with on here (more than once), in some detail. For example, if you search “password” in this WDTV Community, I KNOW the answers you seek are here. And if searching for what you want is a bit time consuming, if I were to go through all the potential reasons for the password problem and WDTV not recognising any files/or the ones you want to share - it would take me over an hour to compose what you need to know thoroughly, concisely and clearly.

Trust me, this Community have covered all the things that could be causing you these problems and I know these things have been covered by some very able WDTV contributors here. The good news is that (like me) you’re Windows 10, and that helps. So do not lose heart, but have faith, take the time and have a good look, try whatever looks good (everything everone says here won’t be right).

The best thing about WDTV apparently is that it offers better quality sound and vision than the other stand alone streamers. Good luck, searching here may be frustrating, but plough on. And good luck, my friend. The best side effect of the searching for the answers and furrowing your brow while you try to figure it all out, is pragmatically, the best part, in the sense that you become conversant with these things for other occasions later - whereupon you become familiar with the problems you get and become confident and know you can fix 'em all in a tick.

1 Like