Setting up second pc on mycloud

It has taken something like 7 weeks to get mycloud to work on my main computer. I am now trying to set up on my wifes laptop.I am being asked for log in credentials but havent set up any log in credentials as far as I am I am aware either for myclouyd or windows. What is this?

When setting up your wifes user account did you bother to read any of the information/help provided on the Dashboard?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I installed the smartware anbd tried to back up - was there something else?

woldsweather wrote:

It has taken something like 7 weeks to get mycloud to work on my main computer. I am now trying to set up on my wifes laptop.I am being asked for log in credentials but havent set up any log in credentials as far as I am I am aware either for myclouyd or windows. What is this?

7 weeks that is a lot of setup :slight_smile: what exactly did you setup for 7 weeks?

What are you setting up on your wife’s laptop?

Did you create a user account for your wife laptop? (in dashboard under users)

There is nothing to setup on your wife’s laptop, just install mycloud app. run it and then she can login to her share if you created one.

best to read the manual on hwo to create user accounts and enable their device here http://support.wd.com/product/install.asp?groupid=904&lang=en

Good luck.

Te seven weeks was dealing with WD support and waiting days or a week for a reply. OK so now I see the use of the dashboard is to set up a second user so will go and do that.