Setting up my passbook now have high cpu usage issues

I set the passbook up and did a backup of my main system drive which worked out great . After that i explored wd software and decided to also backup up my other 2 hd. now i have system drive c / d / e recovery all backed up.

As you can see im a noob . have settings set to only back up when idle . 5 copy .

Now im having issues with high CPU usage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

The earlier release of Smartware reported high CPU usage on my end as well. The latest version does not use as much.

I decided to backup files manually and create a system image with windows to skip Smartware all together.

1 Like

I’m anlother who tried Sartware in the past and uninstalled it. Besides the high PC usage it is picky on what it backs up. I use 3 externals. On 2 I use GoodSync manually and on the third drive I do system images.

Joe

1 Like

ok sounds like a plan . dont understand how proplems like this dont have a update or something to fix them , i mean really? not like i got it at the dollar store the hd wasnt cheap . i feel like im paying them to test out there products.

now i got that off my chest  should i wipe the hd clean and just start new with a differ software option or just uninstall the useless wd and add the exsternal hd to my other program as where to store my back up ?

thanks again

Make sure you remove a password if you used one before uninstalling the Smartware. That should take care of it and allow you to use as a regular drive.

Joe

1 Like