Setting up my cloud to be seen across 2 networks in my home

OK so i want to place the my cloud in the basement next to my modem and wired router. my home is wired with network cable. So from there i will have a wifi router in my living room. I use the my cloud mostly for a media server nothing fancy i just accses it from my smart tv’s. i am setting it up this way and lost site of the mycloud when doing this.

You do not need two networks. You can have the modem/router in basement, and the router upstairs set to be a range extender or Access Point; just not as another router. Everything will be on the one network.

In my wired home I have the router upstairs, the MC server and a computer plugged into the same network switch in an extra bedroom. I use range extenders around the house where wi-fi is weaker for the two bands, 2,4G and 5G. Wireless devices connect to either band I select and downstairs where network is wired in, I have network switches with lots of ports for wired devices. I even gang two 8-port switches for all the gadgets in entertainment center. Some gadgets are wireless only (Amazon FIre TV and Chromecast). I have a third range extender for them with a different name but RE is a tap off of the 5G signal, so th devices connected to the RE are still in same network and can draw media files from the NAS server… Had to do it this way, because having two REs for 5G caused issues, but having a different name for 2nd 5G range extender solved the issues.

ok so i need one router in the bacement connect my mycloud to that. than i can branch off that to my work shop to and old wifi router used as an access point and a switch. and also to my living room to a new wifi router and use it as a access point and a LAN switch to connect tv/ OBI phone and so on

You can also use an extender or AP only devices. Do some google research.

I have tried using a gigabyte switch and it “appears” to be causing streaming from ex4100 judder and freezing, am I doing anything wrong. string is wi fi router to switch , then plugged into the switch is the 2 x ex4100 and wdtv, I am using a switch as I plan to add 2 more WDwx4100’s for backup.

Doesn’t seem like you are doing something wrong, Just connect the switch into one of the output ethernet ports of the router. It doesn’t matter which port of the switch is plugged into the router; they are all the same. With switch now connected to home network (and internet this way) you can plug more devices needing network and internet connections into other ports of the switch. In my case, a laptop and My Cloud DL2100 is plugged into the switch in one room… All devices are running at gigabit speed.

I have no (wired) speed issues, because I have a wired network in four rooms of house (from a CAT5e junction box), and each has a gigabit switch plugged into a port of the router via wall outlets, and lots of wired devices are plugged into each room’s switch. I have one switch in family room where lots of TV gadgets are plugged into switch, one being a WDTV. (it does not require gigabit, but its got it anyway via the switch.)

I have no judder or freezing on WDTV or TV I also do not have the problem on mobile devices like iPads. I have a good wireless system, too, and always use 5G signal for video. I even boost my wireless with some range extenders for 2.4G and 5G

Hope this is helpful to you.

Indebted to you-I will reset and re connect everything and see if just starting over helps.

Report back how it goes.