Setting up GRaid 12TB on MacOS High Sierra

I can’t find any instructions how to set up my new G Raid to RAID 1 for Mac OS 10.13.3 High Sierra. After using the G Raid utility to change from default RAID 0 to RAID 1, it jumped to Mac Disk Utility. I think I’m supposed to erase the drive, which is now showing as 6TB, and it asks how to reformat it. Because it’s High Sierra, should I be erasing and formatting the 6TB as APFS (not Mac OS Extended). Should it be APFS, or APFS Encrypted?

And since only one 6TB G Raid drive is showing, I hope that the erasing and formatting applies to both drives. Is that the case?

Thanks

You need to Erase the drive as Mac OS Extended. Once that is done the drive will mount and be usable.

Yes it will be affecting both since the mirror is in place now.

Any downsides to APFS in a G RAID configuration??

What about encryption (either HFS+ or APFS), will that slow down the drive’s performance??

I was having a LOT of trouble setting up my new G-Raid 16 TB. When I plugged it in to my MacBook Pro running High Sierra it was fine until I used the G-RAID with Thunderbolt app to switch it from RAID 0 to Raid 1. It then started giving error messages and would not mount even though it showed up in Disk Utility. I was a little nervous about erasing it even though it had no files on it yet. This solution worked! The only difference is my selection said "Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
I was ready to send it back to Amazon.
Thank you for having this solution online here where I could fix my problem!