Setting uo My Book Studio Edition II first time user

I am getting ready to open my My Book Studio Edition II and I am a first time user to External Harddrives…

Questions:

1. We have 1 PC and 2 laptors (all Windows XP) , a Mac, and a Tivo Series 3… Can I use the My Book to backup all devices?

2. If so, do I need to partition Harddrive in advance? or what is the best setup?

3. Can I plug in more than 1 device into it at a time?  Or do I need to plug it into 1 device and share it on the network.

4. Can I have it act as an external Harddrive for my Tivo Series 3 and record to and playback from it directly?

thanks!

anonymous22 wrote:

I am getting ready to open my My Book Studio Edition II and I am a first time user to External Harddrives…

Questions:

1. We have 1 PC and 2 laptors (all Windows XP) , a Mac, and a Tivo Series 3… Can I use the My Book to backup all devices?
  1. If so, do I need to partition Harddrive in advance? or what is the best setup?
  1. Can I plug in more than 1 device into it at a time?  Or do I need to plug it into 1 device and share it on the network.
  1. Can I have it act as an external Harddrive for my Tivo Series 3 and record to and playback from it directly?

thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Depends on how you plan to do the backup.  You could just use different folders.

3. No, you can’t.  You can only plug it into one device at a time.  If you can somehow connect it to the network, then yes, you can access it from all the computers at the same time.

4. It won’t work as an external drive to your Tivo.