Services Simply Stop Working

I’ve had my WD My Book World Edition II (WDH2NC20000) for 6 years and I am now just getting around to asking this question.

For the majority of those years, I have had to constantly reboot this device because all of the services just stop working. The shares, media server, SSH, even the web interface is not accessible. I had to reboot it just now so I could get the firmware details.

I will reboot it, let it come up and its all good for about 24 hours when everything goes off line. Again.

Firmware updates stopped in 2012, so I have no new software on this device.

Version: 01.02.14 with MioNet 4.3.1.13
Last Upgrade: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:08:00

Like I said, I know this device is ancient in terms of technology time, but it is a great device when it is working.

I sure would like to get this thing solid again and hate the thought of cannibalizing for its drives.

Any thoughts, tips, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello,

I didn’t experienced this kind of issues with my old unit. Let’s see if any of the users can share some information about.

I had my unit with a static IP to improve connectivity.

You know, that’s an interesting idea. I’ve had the same static ip from the very beginning. I will assign a fresh one tonight and see what happens. I’ll report back.

OK, static changed. Changed the port number, too. See you in 24 hours.

Hmm
Did that work?

I gave up on mine because it couldn’t be relied on.
I’ve just come back to it though, and I’m looking for a way of installing some simple linux open source NAS o it that will keep running for a year or two.

HJ

Brother, I cannibalized the drives for my Plex server months ago. No more WD My Book World Edition II (WDH2NC20000).