Sequential file names

hi all

recently purchased my 1st WD mycloud drive and am starting the task of transferring a couple of years worth of data over from my macbook to the drive. I have sequential numbered folders and this is probably a very easy fix but i cant see the wood for the trees. I want to achieve the same sequential filing as per my macbook

Heres my file format on the macbook

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.13.31.png

Heres how its copying over the Mycloud

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.13.08.png

you can see on the cloud after KC0910 instead of going to KC0911 its going to KC09100

which i understand why but i wondered if theres a setting i can change so that filing

is the same as on the macbook.

any help greatly appreciated

files are generally copied in the order on the disk, the order in finder is sorted for you and does not reflect the actual order

now if you started with a formatted disk then created f1, f2…fn in order the would probably copy in order but there is still no guarantee of this

The second screen shot is from the My Cloud App.   Are you actually having to access it remotely?   If not, don’t use the app – just just Finder, in which case the sorting will be the same.

the mycloud desktop app allows you to chose the sort order, it is currently date order

As mentioned for local use Finder/File Explorer are the better choice for most things