Secure Erase on a laptop with no CD drive

Summary: I have a Lenovo laptop with no CD drive, the drive is a “WDC WD5000LPCX-2 1A0Z” with 500GB capacity. I want to execute the ATA Secure Erase command, which is the only way to wipe the HPA and all other normally “untouchable” data regardless of management tables/marked sectors/everything else. Is there any way to do this from a flash drive, Western Digital software, anything?

Additional information:
I am aware that HDDErase, hdparm, and Parted Magic are tools that could do this. I tried HDDErase and it didn’t recognize the drive, presumably because I was using it from a USB drive, apparently it’s “supposed” to work from a CD, but the laptop has no optical drive. Additionally, the BIOS has no settings to change the drive to “IDE mode”. I read some other stuff about how you need to unplug the SATA cable and some other things, but I’m not going to disassemble anything because it’s a laptop.

Then hdparm is a Linux utility, also read that is supposed to be used from a CD. Parted Magic costs money and I’m not sure if that would work properly from a USB drive either.

So I’m wondering how, if it is even possible, to execute the Secure Erase command and totally wipe this drive’s HPA/everything to defaults, given the laptop has no CD drive.

If there is some way to use a tool that could work from a USB drive, I could use that, as well as if the hdparm security erase command is possible from inside a running Linux installation, but that seems paradoxical.

tl;dr: How can I execute the Secure Erase command (internal HDD erase) on a laptop without CD drive or disassembly?
HDD model: WDC WD5000LPCX-2 1A0Z

why not ? most laptops allow for easy removal of the hard drive … undo several screws (takes about 1 minute) and you’re in. (at least it’s been that easy for for me with all my laptops and notebooks)

anyways, i only know the easy way to wipe a hdd … can’t help you with the difficult way sorry.