Secure connect cable gender?

Hello 1st post… the secureconnect cable supplied with boxed drives is similiar to another adapter cable I’m considering. I would like to know if it is a male or female . I know this sounds weird in asking  but the sata adapter I’m considering is  labeled ‘male to male sata power cale adapter’. I believe this what I need . But another dealer shows item …15+7-Pin Male to Female SATA Data Cables…which I think will not work. Again knowing if the secureconnect cable is male  or female might help before making the wrong purchase and having  to return,etc…thanks

I’m not sure I’m understanding, but Sata cables that are used for internal drives are female to female.  That’s because the drive and port connectors slide into them.  The cable connectors cover the port and the drive connector.  I’m sure they may make cables that are male to female in order to extend the length of the cable. 

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I actually went with the 'm …to…f ’ 15+7 pin sata cable (power and data). Trying to dualboot xp and osx10.6 and need some way to attach desktop hd to laptop as I work through this. Any thoughts on the …WD SiliconEdge Blue 2.5" 64GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM…hoping to install dualboot here.

I want one.  But I don’t know much technically about it, yet.