Secondary hard drive slowing down my new primary WD hard drive!

So i currently have two hard drives one is Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 (running on SATA 2 slot) which is actually my primary hard drive running Windows 7 Operating System on it and another is Hitachi Deskstar 320GB for backup and data recovery and so when i have my PC powers on only with one hard drive i mean only with WD Caviar Blue it runs a lot faster but when i have both hard drives running on it makes my PC performance way slower so the question is: what actually is running slow? Answer is: slow startup, slow to open aplications, slow browsing folders on “Windows Explorer” …etc so it make all running slugish. I have tested both hard drives for bad sectors but i didn’t find any so i really don’t know why my secondary hitachi hdd slowing down my wd primary hdd ! Please anyone help me something, thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english because it’s not my mother language :slight_smile:

SPECS IF NEEDED:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (A-Data)

GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4830 (ASUS)
HDD: WDC Blue 500GB & Hitachi Deskstar 320GB
MOBO: ASRock G41C-S
PSU: GlacialTech 550W Real Power. 

Might be some corrupted files, do a backup and format the Hitachi. If the problem continues, I think is better if you contact Hitachi.

Hmm. There could be a bunch of different things going on. If the Hitachi is failing, it could be running slow, or Windows Explorer has to keep indexing it, so that slows things down. Maybe your virus software keeps scanning it or some software you’re running keeps scanning it. You can try shutting off disc indexing for that HD by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Indexing Options. You could also buy a $25 HD enclosure and put the Hitachi as external storage and only turn it on when you need to copy something. Or you might think about buying a new Black Caviar 1 TB HD and trade out both HDs.