Second HD Increases Boot to 15 minutes

Everything now backed up on external drive. Tomorrow I will test drives with WD software before proceeding. I agree with you about TV . A good servant and a bad master.
I really appreciate your help.
Joe

Sorry for delay…my friend’s garage caught fire yesterday (while I was talking to him on the phone) and I am helping him sort thru the rubble. Most important casualty was a very treasured 1975 Norton Motorcycle. Fortunately (for him), his girlfriend and landlord was visiting her mom and so her 2012 Mercedes was not in the garage as usual.

Should have some news on the computer front tomorrow.

Joe 

Sucessfully backed up 1.8 Tb on 2.0 Tb disk except for 1-5 record albums in FLAC. Copy attempt of them freezes and stopping copy with task manager results in a forced restart. Data not important but the fact that something is amiss is. I ran a regular microsoft check disk and it says it is OK. I just started an extended check of 2Tb disk with Western Digital Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics software. Will report results when completed.

Joe

Hi good news sorry about the bike old Brit bikes where always my fav.

Hmmm extended test estimates it will take 92 hours so I stopped it and opted for quick test. I can always come back and do extended test later but I don’t want to wait that many days to get computer back to running. You did not specify which test so I guess quick test is OK for now?

Quick test of 500 Gb disk passed but 2Tb disk failed!!! Looks like 2Tb disk has problem…my guess is a bad sector and that is why copy of tiny amount of data fails?..but what do I know?

More details: I tried to cancel extended test but it would not stop…soooo i resorted to task manager to stop. It is possible, but not likely, that that brute force stopage caused subsequent quick test to fail. So I did a reboot of the computer with the intent of rerunning quick test on 2Tb disk before I reported the details of the failure results to you. Unfortunately Bill Gates initiated a check disk before I could stop him…so I will let that continue and then rerun quick test of 2T and report results here.

Assuming 2T fails again, which I suspect it will, my plan is to reinstall windows on 500 MB disk in accordance with the several step sequence we previously agreed to. That gets me up and running. Then I will initiate an extended test of 2T disk. Assuming there is a bad sector can the software just not use that sector or is disk just not to be trusted or maybe it is still under warantee (I will check that).

Joe

Hi yes if any of the test’s fails it is time to replace the drive you can check warranty status and start the RMA here.  http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en

THE LIFE SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT DEPARTMENT

Tried to rerun Western Digital Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and it fails while discovering drives. I tried everything, redid it over and over and redownloaded it several times and always the same result. I even did a system restore to two days ago assuming it is something in the registry…same result. Very Strange. Can’t understand why it woulkd work first time and not now.

My plan is to proceed assuming 2T drive is bad. I will disconnect 2 Tb drive reformat 500 Gb and reload windows. Then I will try Western Digital Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics again…if it works I can then recconnect 2 T and retest it.

Can’t Western Digital Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics repair or block a bad sector?

Joe

Hi well bad sectors never get better they only increase so as the drive is used for backup do you want to take the chance on a failing drive. WD data lifeguard is OK but you can also try a copy of Hard Drive sentinel it will give a good report and tell you what is wrong

More sound advice…Thank you Hammey.

Joe

Well, I guess I have been around computers long enough to know I should not be surprised at what they do:

Today, after a nice sleep, the WD HD test program is working!!! My only explanation is that I downloaded a fresh copy (I did that yesterday also), and ran the exe file as administrator (I did that yesterday also) but yesterday I first ran the setup file (not as admin but I am logged in as admin) and it gave me a message that I needed to be elevated. I ignored the message since the program worked. However all subsequent permutations and combinations of attempts to make it work failed.

The results of the Quick test are that the 2T disk failed and the 500 Gb disk passed, same as yesterday.

The 2T disk fails 11 seconds into the test. First test is cable which I guess it passes. It fails on “Running Quick SMART test” . Test Info as follows:

"Status Code=07 (failed read test element), Failure checkpoint =97

(unknown test)

SMART seft test did not complete on Drive 2"

"Test stopped with errors

Elapsed time= 11 seconds

Failed Quick Test"

I am a bit disappointed it failed on the SMART part which I view as more of a diagnostic than whether the disk has a bad sector for example. SMART test data for the disk shows all values are greater than Threshold so that would indicate it is OK, of course if it fails the SMART test who knows if those values are to be trusted. The conclusion is that this drive has problems. I have checked on the WD database and the Warranty date is 11/08/2014 so I hope I can get a replacement. Knowing me I still have the original box.

I may retest with HD sentinal since I would hate to send this back to WD and they say it is OK!

Thank god I was able to back it up!!!

And Thank Hammey for all your help!!!

P.S. Am I supposed to mark some of these as “Accept as Solution” or do you do that?

Ran HD Sentinel…Wow what a program!!!

All I did was start the program and it gave the following instant results on the 2T disk

"

The drive found 502 bad sectors during its self test.
There are 1336 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.

It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss."

Performance was listed as 100% but Health as 9%. With an estimated 13 days of life left!!! Not sure how they conclude that “At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible.” !!! I guess it has to explode before you send it back. LOL!!!

500GB disk checks out completely OK …health and performance 100%

Joe

Hi don’t worry WD will RMA that disk there are to many errors. Go and check the warranty status on the page I gave you and start the RMA process from there also.

I have checked on the WD database and the Warranty date is 11/08/2014 so looks like I am good.

I have disconnected the 2T disk but not physically removing it for the time being.

Since I have time left before warrenty expires, I will use backed up data on my external disk. If any of that looks bad, I have the option of reconnecting 2T and trying to retrieve it again. When I am satisfied that backed up data looks good, I wil wipe the 2T disk and return it for a hopefully improved version? 

I am very impressed with HD Sentinel.

I wondered why David wrote:

“you have a very good drive… that wd5000AAKS is a very reliable model”

and did not have anything to say about the 2T green disk. Boy was he right on!!!

Thanks again for all your help…if you have any structural engineering questions I would be glad to help.

Joe

I am resetting BIOS before reinstalling Windows.

I told you there were three choices and you said to set the choices as follows:

Use Automatic Mode: Disable (because if SATA drivers not available auto mode will default to  IDE)

ATA/IDE Mode: Legacy (because I have an IDE CD/DVD)

Config SATA as either IDE, Raid or AHCI…AHCI (to get optimum performance)

I misled you since the choices change depending on what other choices are.

Matrix of choices for drive config as follows:

Use Auto Mode   E   D   D   D   D   E

Use Serial ATA   –   E    D   D   D   –

ATA/IDE Mode    N   N    N   L    L   N

Config SATA as  R   A    A    –    –  A

Where:

E=ENABLE

D=DISABLE

N=NATIVE

L=LEGACY

– = CHOICE NOT OFFERED, ie choice does not exist

R=RAID

A=AHCI

Each column is a possible choice (there exist more combinations than I have shown). The first column is the “optimum default” for the BIOS. Notice that when I select Legacy the choice for Config SATA as is not available.

Also if I chose auto mode, that requires a choice for USE Serial ATA…whatever that is…SATA?

THIS COULD DRIVE SOMEONE NUTS!!

Since the computer is now exactly as it came from Gateway, the Gateway supplied Vista disk must have the SATA drivers since it has a SATA HD, right?

So my best guess would be:

Use Auto Mode   E 

Use Serial ATA   – 

ATA/IDE Mode    N 

Config SATA as  A

Which is default but with AHCI…but you’re the boss.

Joe

Hi yes that looks fine to me where it says use serial ATA try that as enabled and see if the choice is still there to choose config sata as AHCI. Darn prebuilt PC’s LOL and with this gateway it seems they really want to mess it up with so many choices. Anyway once you get it installed you can install Hard Drive sentinel again and under the info tab it will tell you what mode the drive is running in. And yes the gateway disk’s will have the sata drivers on them. The reason to enable serial ATA is that enables the controller then you can configure it as to what mode it will use ie Raid,AHCI or ide

To get a choice for Serial ATA you have to disable auto mode. That choice would be the second column.

So I would like to stay with:

Use Auto Mode   E 

Use Serial ATA   – 

ATA/IDE Mode    N 

Config SATA as  A

What the heck is Serial ATA and would it not be discovered by auto mode?

Sorry, just reread your last sentence. I am selecting AHCI so that decision is explicidly made…I hope. As you said I can check out after I insatall Vista and if things are not right I will change BIOS and just reinstall. I don’t mind reinstalling Vista…I just don’t want to reinstall all the stuff that follows more than once.

Joe

Vista loaded…here is Sentinel report:

THIS IS EXCERPT FROM REPORT…LOOK OK??? ,Joe

– Physical Disk Information - Disk: #0: WDC WD5000AAKS-22TMA0 –

Hard Disk Summary
   -------------------
    Hard Disk Number . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0
    Interface  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : S-ATA II
    Disk Controller  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller (AHCI)
    Disk Location  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0, Device: 0
    Hard Disk Model ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : WDC WD5000AAKS-22TMA0
    Firmware Revision  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.01C01
    Hard Disk Serial Number  . . . . . . . . . . . . : WD-WCAPW0174029
    Total Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 476937 MB
    Power State  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Active
    Logical Drive(s) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : C: D: [Recovery]
    Current Temperature  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 38 °C
    Power On Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 425 days, 5 hours
    Estimated Remaining Lifetime . . . . . . . . . . : more than 1000 days
    Health . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : #################### 100 % (Excellent)
    Performance  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : #################### 100 % (Excellent)

The hard disk status is PERFECT. Problematic or weak sectors were not found and there are no spin up or data transfer errors.
      No actions needed.

THIS IS ENTIRE REPORT

– General Information –

Application Information
   -------------------------
    Installed Version  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hard Disk Sentinel 4.30 PRO
    Registered To  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unregistered version, please register.
    Current Date And Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6/7/2013 3:49:10 PM
    Health Calculation Method  . . . . . . . . . . . : Analyse data field (default)

Computer Information
   ----------------------
    Computer Name  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Tobor
    User Name  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Joe
    Computer Type  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Desktop
    IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.2
    MAC Address  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-19-D1-4C-FC-DD
    System Uptime  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0 days, 1 hours, 17 minutes, 40 seconds
    System Up Since  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6/7/2013 2:31:30 PM
    CPU Usage  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CPU #1: 17 %, CPU #2: 28 %
    Virtual Memory . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6841 MB, Used: 922 MB (13 %)

System Information
   --------------------
    Windows Version  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Windows Vista ™ Home Premium Personal
    CPU Type & Speed #1  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Core™2 CPU          6320  @ 1.86GHz, 1866 MHz
    CPU Type & Speed #2  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Core™2 CPU          6320  @ 1.86GHz, 1866 MHz
    BIOS Manufacturer  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : GATEWA - 26 
    Physical Memory Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 3327 MB, Used: 1014 MB (30 %)
    Display Adapter  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    Display Resolution . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1920 x 1200 (32 bit)
    Printer  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    Network Controller . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
    Optical Drive  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : E: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652D / GA01 (DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, CD-RW)

PCI Device Information
   ------------------------
    PCI Bus 0; Device 0; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL Processor to I/O Controller - 2770
    PCI Bus 0; Device 1; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771
    PCI Bus 0; Device 27; Function 0 . . . . . . . . : High Definition Audio Controller
    PCI Bus 0; Device 28; Function 0 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D0
    PCI Bus 0; Device 28; Function 2 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D4
    PCI Bus 0; Device 28; Function 3 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D6
    PCI Bus 0; Device 28; Function 4 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GR/GH/GHM (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27E0
    PCI Bus 0; Device 28; Function 5 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GR/GH/GHM (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27E2
    PCI Bus 0; Device 29; Function 0 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
    PCI Bus 0; Device 29; Function 1 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
    PCI Bus 0; Device 29; Function 2 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
    PCI Bus 0; Device 29; Function 3 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
    PCI Bus 0; Device 29; Function 7 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC
    PCI Bus 0; Device 30; Function 0 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
    PCI Bus 0; Device 31; Function 0 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801GH (ICH7DH) LPC Interface Controller - 27B0
    PCI Bus 0; Device 31; Function 1 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
    PCI Bus 0; Device 31; Function 2 . . . . . . . . : Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller
    PCI Bus 0; Device 31; Function 3 . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA
    PCI Bus 1; Device 0; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    PCI Bus 4; Device 0; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : Multimedia Controller
    PCI Bus 7; Device 1; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : PCI Simple Communications Controller
    PCI Bus 7; Device 5; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    PCI Bus 7; Device 8; Function 0  . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

– Physical Disk Information - Disk: #0: WDC WD5000AAKS-22TMA0 –

Hard Disk Summary
   -------------------
    Hard Disk Number . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0
    Interface  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : S-ATA II
    Disk Controller  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller (AHCI)
    Disk Location  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0, Device: 0
    Hard Disk Model ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : WDC WD5000AAKS-22TMA0
    Firmware Revision  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.01C01
    Hard Disk Serial Number  . . . . . . . . . . . . : WD-WCAPW0174029
    Total Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 476937 MB
    Power State  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Active
    Logical Drive(s) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : C: D: [Recovery]
    Current Temperature  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 38 °C
    Power On Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 425 days, 5 hours
    Estimated Remaining Lifetime . . . . . . . . . . : more than 1000 days
    Health . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : #################### 100 % (Excellent)
    Performance  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : #################### 100 % (Excellent)

The hard disk status is PERFECT. Problematic or weak sectors were not found and there are no spin up or data transfer errors.
      No actions needed.

ATA Information
   -----------------
    Hard Disk Cylinders  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 969021
    Hard Disk Heads  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 16
    Hard Disk Sectors  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 63
    ATA Revision . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ATA/ATAPI-7
    Total Sectors  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 976773168
    Bytes Per Sector . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 512
    Buffer Size  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 16384 KB
    Multiple Sectors . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 16
    Error Correction Bytes . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 50
    Unformatted Capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 476940 MB
    Maximum PIO Mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 4
    Maximum Multiword DMA Mode . . . . . . . . . . . : 2
    Maximum UDMA Mode  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 300 MB/s (6)
    Active UDMA Mode . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 300 MB/s (5)
    Minimum Multiword DMA Transfer Time  . . . . . . : 120 ns
    Recommended Multiword DMA Transfer Time  . . . . : 120 ns
    Minimum PIO Transfer Time Without IORDY  . . . . : 120 ns
    Minimum PIO Transfer Time With IORDY . . . . . . : 120 ns
    ATA Control Byte . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Valid
    ATA Checksum Value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Valid

Acoustic Management Configuration
   -----------------------------------
    Acoustic Management  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Acoustic Management  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Disabled
    Current Acoustic Level . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Max performance and volume (FEh)
    Recommended Acoustic Level . . . . . . . . . . . : Min performance and volume (80h)

ATA Features
   --------------
    Read Ahead Buffer  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported, Enabled
    DMA  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Ultra DMA  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    S.M.A.R.T. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Power Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Write Cache  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Host Protected Area  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Advanced Power Management  . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Extended Power Management  . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Power Up In Standby  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    48-Bit LBA Addressing  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Device Configuration Overlay . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    IORDY Support  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Read/Write DMA Queue . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    NOP Command  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Trusted Computing  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    64-Bit World Wide ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0150E24ECBAA9BEE
    Streaming  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Media Card Pass Through  . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    General Purpose Logging  . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Error Logging  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    CFA Feature Set  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    CFast Device . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Long Physical Sectors (1)  . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Long Logical Sectors . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Write-Read-Verify  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    NV Cache Feature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    NV Cache Power Mode  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    NV Cache Size  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Free-fall Control  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Free-fall Control Sensitivity  . . . . . . . . . : Not supported

SSD Features
   --------------
    Data Set Management  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    TRIM Command . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Deterministic Read After TRIM  . . . . . . . . . : Not supported

S.M.A.R.T. Details
   --------------------
    Off-line Data Collection Status  . . . . . . . . : Suspended By Interrupting Command From Host
    Self Test Execution Status . . . . . . . . . . . : Successfully Completed
    Total Time To Complete Off-line Data Collection  : 12000 seconds
    Execute Off-line Immediate . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Abort/restart Off-line By Host . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Off-line Read Scanning . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Short Self-test  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Extended Self-test . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Conveyance Self-test . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Selective Self-Test  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Save Data Before/After Power Saving Mode . . . . : Supported
    Enable/Disable Attribute Autosave  . . . . . . . : Supported
    Error Logging Capability . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Short Self-test Estimated Time . . . . . . . . . : 2 minutes
    Extended Self-test Estimated Time  . . . . . . . : 150 minutes
    Conveyance Self-test Estimated Time  . . . . . . : 6 minutes
    Last Short Self-test Result  . . . . . . . . . . : Never Started
    Last Short Self-test Date  . . . . . . . . . . . : Never Started
    Last Extended Self-test Result . . . . . . . . . : Never Started
    Last Extended Self-test Date . . . . . . . . . . : Never Started
    Last Conveyance Self-test Result . . . . . . . . : Never Started
    Last Conveyance Self-test Date . . . . . . . . . : Never Started

Security Mode
   ---------------
    Security Mode  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Security Erase . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Security Erase Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 122 minutes
    Security Enhanced Erase Feature  . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Security Enhanced Erase Time . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Security Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Security Locked  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Security Frozen  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Security Counter Expired . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Security Level . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : High

Serial ATA Features
   ---------------------
    S-ATA Compliance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    S-ATA I Signaling Speed (1.5 Gps)  . . . . . . . : Supported
    S-ATA II Signaling Speed (3 Gps) . . . . . . . . : Supported
    S-ATA Gen3 Signaling Speed (6 Gps) . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Receipt Of Power Management Requests From Host . : Supported
    PHY Event Counters . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Non-Zero Buffer Offsets In DMA Setup FIS . . . . : Not supported
    DMA Setup Auto-Activate Optimization . . . . . . : Supported, Disabled
    Device Initiating Interface Power Management . . : Not supported
    In-Order Data Delivery . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Asynchronous Notification  . . . . . . . . . . . : Not supported
    Software Settings Preservation . . . . . . . . . : Supported, Enabled
    Native Command Queuing (NCQ) . . . . . . . . . . : Supported
    Queue Length . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 32

Disk Information
   ------------------
    Disk Family  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Caviar Blue
    Form Factor  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 3.5"
    Capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 500 GB (500 x 1,000,000,000 bytes)
    Number Of Disks  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1
    Number Of Heads  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 2
    Rotational Speed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 7200 RPM
    Rotation Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.33 ms
    Average Rotational Latency . . . . . . . . . . . : 4.17 ms
    Disk Interface . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Serial-ATA/300
    Buffer-Host Max. Rate  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 300 MB/seconds
    Buffer Size  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 16384 KB
    Drive Ready Time (Typical) . . . . . . . . . . . : ? seconds
    Average Seek Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.9 ms
    Track To Track Seek Time . . . . . . . . . . . . : 2.0 ms
    Full Stroke Seek Time  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 21.0 ms
    Width  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 101.6 mm (4.0 inch)
    Depth  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 147.0 mm (5.8 inch)
    Height . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 25.4 mm (1.0 inch)
    Weight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 630 grams (1.4 pounds)
    Acoustic (Idle)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 2.9 Bel
    Acoustic (Min Performance And Volume)  . . . . . : 3.0 Bel
    Acoustic (Max Performance And Volume)  . . . . . : 3.0 Bel
    Required Power For Spinup  . . . . . . . . . . . : 1,770 mA
    Power Required (Seek)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6.0 W
    Power Required (Idle)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 5.6 W
    Power Required (Standby) . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.9 W
    Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Western Digital Corporation
    Manufacturer Website . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products

S.M.A.R.T.

Entire report exceeded 20000 character limit so I removed some at end…I can send that part if you need it.

Joe