Searching MYCLOUD EX2 Ultra using Windows file explorer

The search function in Windows Explorer works poorly if at all on the MYCLOUD EX2 Ultra. I have not been able to find useful instructions to improve the search speed and accuracy. Can anyone point to a WD link to allow search of the WD NAS drive in Windows Explorer?

a. you have to map ex2 share as a drive to your pc.
b. using windows “indexing options” you have to add this drive as indexing location
Please do these steps and reply back ( after you see “indexing completed”) if you still have issues with search.
Regards,

#WDUserRewards

Unfortunately that easy fix does not work. THE NAS drive is mapped into Windows Explorer. I can access all of the files perfectly. But the drive does not show up as a choice in the indexing options. As I understand the process, the index on the NAS drive - which already exists - is not addressable by Windows unless permissions are provided. According to the properties of the drive, the drive itself is accessible for full control. What other permission settings have to be provided to allow Windows access to the index? Note, if I open the drive using the web browser I can search the drive. But using the desktop indexingtool is out of the question which makes for a difficult user experience.

Unfortunately that easy fix does not work. THE NAS drive is mapped into Windows Explorer. I can access all of the files perfectly. But the drive does not show up as a choice in the indexing options. As I understand the process, the index on the NAS drive - which already exists - is not addressable by Windows unless permissions are provided. According to the properties of the drive, the drive itself is accessible for full control. What other permission settings have to be provided to allow Windows access to the index? Note, if I open the drive using the web browser I can search the drive. But using the desktop indexing tool is out of the question which makes for a difficult user experience.

Could you tell me how to map out the NAS drive into Windows Explorer? I’ve been trying to figure it out.

I use the IP address and then the drive name right? It then ask me for login info and none of them seem to work.

#WDUserRewards

What you have described should work. On my network I provided the network name of the drive

\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\username Then provide the username and password for the hard drive. Do not use your Windows or Microsoft password.