Seagate 3tb hard drive not recognized

I do have the drive connected via network shares but the instances of the file streaming breaking down or freezing completely is too often in my case. The same files work perfectly via hard-wire connection.

I’ll have to get a network cable and run that from my wireless N router to the WD TV and see if that improves things any but I’d just like to connect the **bleep** HDD to the player and be done with it as my first/most preferred choice.

I’ll give your other formatting/cluster solution a try too - when I’ve re-read it and understood it! I did try and format the 1.5TB partition under the 512 byte option and I’m pretty sure it kicked me out as well, but I’m not 100% sure.

I don’t suppose you know what is going on with my attempts to partition the drive as it is, do you? Using that Disk Management tool from Control Panel, I can ‘shrink volume’, ‘extend volume’ or ‘delete volume’.

I use the ‘shrink’ option and it comes up with a 1.4xxxxxxx (roughly 1.4TB) max size, and when I choose that, it leaves a further two areas, one of 650GB and one of 750GB or thereabouts. The 650GB one I have one option - make it a ‘simple volume’ which works, but the third partition won’t allow me to do anything with it.

For reasons I can’t explain, I can then delete the initial partition and eventually join the 1st and 2nd parts together, to make 2TB, but still that 750GB remains unmanageable.

I know this isn’t the right place to ask, per se, and I have asked Seagate too, but as you know what you’re talking about I hoped you wouldn’t mind :slight_smile: