Scrolling stops after 5 keypresses or so

I have the same issues.  Mine pertains to movie files though.  I dont use the music part.

I posted something here a few weeks ago, but nothing has been resolved.

It is firmware specific as the 1.16.13 ver is a bit faster and 1.15.10 is even better.

Someone at WD needs to look at how the SQL info is being accessed or how the data is moving differently.

I have 3 of these units in my home. 1 wired and 2 wireless.

Using 2.01.86

I find that scrolling backwards is the most time consuming intil is reaches the ‘S’ or ‘T’ names in my movie titles.  Then it scrolls faster.  But after it gets to ‘H’ area, its slow again.  ‘A-H’=slow ‘I-T’=fast ‘U-Z’=slow

Using 1.16.13

I find that scrolling backwards is also the most time consuming intil is reaches the ‘S’ or ‘T’ names in my movie titles.  Then it scrolls fast.  But after it gets to ‘E’ area, its slow again.  ‘A-E’=slow ‘F-T’=fast ‘U-Z’=slow

Believe it or not it also seems like the WIFI units scroll faster due to the speed at which the SQL db can pass the read content.  If you know what I mean… Like, the WIFI is that much slower when passing the movie content to the screen as compared to the call for ‘Next Page’.  WIFI cant load all the movie sheets fast enough so it skips them making it scroll faster.

Where on a wired connection, the data loads faster and ‘tries’ to load the movie sheets which slows down the call for ‘Next Page’.

Get any of that?  Kinda hard to explain.  But it is firmware specific.