ScreenPlay DX HD Media Player VS WD LIVE HUB

Hey guys.  I got this big question to ask all of you!

Has anyone heard of the ScreenPlay DX HD Media Player 2TB?

Its not out yet, till next Friday on the 18th.

No videos or any sort of information about its UI is to be found anywhere…

I wanna know if its gonna have a different user interface than the Screenplay Director from Iomega.

Any help will be very helpful, just wanna compare you know.

I currently own the Boxee Box, but my 1TB hdd is now jam packed with bluray rips, so I am seeking a single solution to have all my media in 1 device.

Thanks guys

Oh and I did have the WD live hub 1TB before, returned it because it wouldnt let me stretch movies to 16x9, hate those **bleep** black bars, Boxee Box resolved the issue just fine.

I been tracking this for a bit, unfortunately, there is not any information about the UI, or at least, no information that I can find. But I’m with you, I will love some info, if possible, of the UI.

Thanks for the reply.  It is very interesting.  We may have to wait till friday to find out :slight_smile:

I am  very interested in it, but not if the UI is as bad as the Iomega Director UI.

Lets just wait and see I guess…

I am also looking forward to learning more about this new media player. The thing I can’t figure out is if it can play content shared from a computer. For example…it can play iso, but it is unclear if it can play an iso from a computer\network (stream) or if it must be local or through an attached USB device.

Its supposed to be coming out tomorrow!!!

And wow still no videos or anything regarding the UI and no reviews yet :frowning:

EDIT:

For the last few days, this has been ready for sale on Dell Canada website…

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Hard_Drives_Storage/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A4311751&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=7&baynote_irrank=0

Its cheaper than the DX but does it have different UI from the ScreenPlay Director?  

Still dont know, no videos anywhere either for this one…

Oh yeah and its cheaper than the ScreenPlay  Director!

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Hard_Drives_Storage/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3751808&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=6&baynote_irrank=0

So crazy