Screen capture with fw FW 3.00.08

Excellent feature to take screenshots of themes under development etc…

it prevents the hassle of taking a camera and take a screenshot

its nice.

screens

2 Likes

wow that is an awesome feature… hope it sticks around in the FW version that they finally fix png and imag alignments.

There is 1 thing that I have read about the 3.0 version that im intrigued to learn more about but refuse to update to to yet… [hopefully next build].

CONTENT SOURCE set to MY MEDIA LIBRARY? 

okay that is pretty awesome even if it means i have to turn on that darn library :smileyvery-happy:

Okay how exactly am I doing it?

1 Like

drizzt09 wrote:

wow that is an awesome feature… hope it sticks around in the FW version that they finally fix png and imag alignments.

There is 1 thing that I have read about the 3.0 version that im intrigued to learn more about but refuse to update to to yet… [hopefully next build].

CONTENT SOURCE set to MY MEDIA LIBRARY? 

That’s a new feature, so that your media library gets rescanned without you having to force a recompile. I think, that’s what i noticed.

Basically, i’ve added my network shares to my media library.

I’ve also noticed that even of your content source is not set “My media library”

and you are using “Network shares … SMB/NFS”, backdrops get displayed

BUT view info and getContent info are gone

and for screen captures :

Play with your remote settings, and bind screen capture to one of the unused numbers buttons on the remote

2 Likes

that is pretty awesome thanx!

Unfortunately it doesn’t capture the local backdrops but the way it is i can just overlay them

Thanx for the find

Exactly how do you capture the screen. i have no manual on how to do this.

You must use the keyboard (remote) assignment feature in the Setup > Operation >Remote Settings

and select a key to assign it to, (blue key ?) and fhen select the capture snapshot function. Captured

image varies in aspect ratio according to the current output mode of your player.

thanks a lot. when they add features to the item they should also release how to do it! so people like me thinks they dont really want us to know these things! whatabout updating the manual WDTV!