Scorpio Blue 750GB fails to open

My scorpio blue 750gb recently failed. I removed it from laptop and opened the case.
The head was stuck on the platter. I followed a YouTube video and gently moved the head to park position.
Now the platter spins for about 10 seconds but read/write head does not move and therefor cannot read the data.
Any one here have a solution?
Should I replace the head with similar
Would any head from even a 80gb work?
Thank you all

Sounds to me like the stepper-motor for the read/write heads has died, or perhaps the electronics powering it. That’s probably why it was ‘stuck’ in the first place. Trouble is, now that you’ve moved it manually, if the drive records the ‘last-known position’ of the heads in any kind of onboard ROM memory, then it will be out of sync.

Also, if the drive was still under warranty, you’ve now voided it by opening up the drive.

Finally microscopic particulates in the air will now have managed to get into the drive (smaller than dust you can see), so even if you were (somehow) able to get replacement heads, install them (doubtful) and have the drive somehow work, before long you would end up with progressive issues and bad sectors at some point not too far down the line.

The solution my friend is keeping a backup, Plain and simple.

Get a spare (external, USB-based) drive, and copy a system image of your system drive(s) to it (using Macrium Reflect Free, or Acronis True Image) and when the drive fails (which they all do eventually - it’s built-in obsolescence), if it’s out of warranty, toss it and buy a new one, or RMA it if you still have it under warranty.

Opening a HDD (for ANY reason) will not end well, hence the reason I’m replying here, in case anyone else reading this thread gets a similar idea.