Scans are now a permanent feature, cannot disable

Alright… I think this might work… I’m letting the scans happen as WD wants it to… not fighting it anymore… I can hear the scans working its little butte off… clickity clickity click click…

I’ve plugged in one USB drive at the moment… and the cloud is scanning I guess everything… which is about 6TB of movies, photos, music and epubs.

The neat thing about this at the moment is that, although it is really sluggish… like my movie would start up after the revolving wheel spins many times, that the movie would eventually start up…

no locking… except a lot of clicking…

fine… I’ll be a normal Cloud user…

edit: I’m asking for trouble but I plugged in the second USB drive to see how well the Cloud will handle this, if I let it do its job. I don’t know if I’m happy with this continuous scan thing ever since WD Live in which the scans never stops. I have to admit at least the system is working, which is why the number of problem posts have dropped. So I guess I should just leave the drive on 24/7 and just turn off the LED, put a soundproof cover over it or just ignore the eternal clicking.

edit: I plugged in a 3rd USB hard drive :stuck_out_tongue: and yeah… the cloud is blinking? wtf? I don’t recall having a blinking cloud led? is that a hard drive access blink? wow… we got the hard drive access LED back!! we lost that feature with the first cloud gen 1.