Saving photos

Hi There, New here… Having trouble figuring out the photos on a 4tb mycloud. I move pictures from my laptop to the mycloud. Hoping that i can delete from the laptop to save space. If I delete from the C drive on the laptop then they disappear from the mycloud as well.

How are you “moving” the photos to the My Cloud? Using what software or file manager?

If you are using WD Sync that would explain why deleting a file on the computer may also delete the file on the My Cloud (in folders monitored by WD Sync). If this is the case the solution is to either not use WD Sync or move the photos to a Share not monitored by WD Sync.

I just drag the photos from the hard drive into my cloud. I assumed that way I could delete from the laptop. How should I do it?

What program are you using to drag the files? Windows File Manager, Mac Finder, other?

Do you have WD Sync installed?

Generally if you copy data from a computer to the My Cloud. That data is not deleted from the My Cloud when it is deleted from the computer. This assumes one is not using WD Sync or other sync software.