Saving data of the HDD from the defected PR-2100

I have been waiting for the answers about the problems of the exchanged PR-2100 and the data of my HDDs for months. The reply didn’t arrive yet. Now I need some advice for the next step to solve my problems without regard to WD’s warranty policy. I would like to save the data in my HDDs at the minimum of cost.

I have two-3Gb HDDs which were in the exchanged PR-2100. I set them RAID 1 easily and they still have my data.

Choice:

1. Buying a new PR-2100 case and equip my HDDs in it
    When I equipped them on the exchanged PR-2100 for the first time, even if it lasted only 1 month, it was working well without any extra effort. I thought it would be OK if I prepare the same type of hardware and remember my password like my original EX-2100.
    But the man at the service center in Seoul told me that I could not get back my data because each case was encrypted.
    And it’s too expensive to experience similar situations.
  2. Buying a new MY CLOUD EX2 ULTRA case and equip my HDDs in it
    The price is nearly half of the PR-2100. But I am not sure it works by just equipping the HDDs because it is a different product.
    And he said that MY CLOUD EX2 ULTRA was originally delivered as HDD-equipped. Was it right? I found the case-only product in the Auction later.
  3. Giving up all of the data and formatting the HDDs for the another use

Thank you dswv42. Your reply made me happy.

I am not good at computing or linux. So I have no choice but to buy PR-2100. But I worry about the quality of the third one because I already experienced two similar power problems.