Saved files on My Passport, now gone?

I connected “My Passport” WDBABM7500ABK to my lapotop with WinXP.

I got no promts for installation , just a ned drive letter F

Then I browsed it and there where some files and folders on it.

I created a new folder where I moved a lot of photos /film/music

Then, when I connected “My Passport” to another laptop with Win 7 I got an install promt.

But I didn’t install anything, just browsed the “My Passport” and my newly created folder was gone … :frowning:

Then I reconnected it to the first laptop again, and browsed “My Passport”  and the folder was gone there too :frowning:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FILES ???

PCPRO wrote:

I connected “My Passport” WDBABM7500ABK to my lapotop with WinXP.

I got no promts for installation , just a ned drive letter F

Then I browsed it and there where some files and folders on it.

I created a new folder where I moved a lot of photos /film/music

Then, when I connected “My Passport” to another laptop with Win 7 I got an install promt.

But I didn’t install anything, just browsed the “My Passport” and my newly created folder was gone … :frowning:

Then I reconnected it to the first laptop again, and browsed “My Passport”  and the folder was gone there too :frowning:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FILES ???

Did you try the Passport on your original laptop, to see if it showed up on that one?  If it does, then the second laptop is not putting out enough power through the USB port to fully power up the Passport.  In which case, you probably need a power booster cable.  Try it on a couple of PC’s to see if it shows.  Also, make sure all these PC’s are Windows.

Win 7 win vista to tell you the truth

the structure of the partion are made different so to make this short it formats it to be comply win7 or win vista partion therefore your stuff is gone forever. So next time partion your drive to fat32.