Safepoints - asking for user name and password

I have a MyBookLive and I am trying to create a safepoint. I a drive attachedto my PC (via USB). It keeps asking for a usernmae and password. the USB Attached drive has no username and password (its an empty drive). I have tried my MBL user names, my PC Username(s), no names, and every combination in between. I cannot get beyond this oint as it just keeps saying your Usenamame and pasword is inavlid.

What am I doing wrong??

HI,

When you first installed the drive, you may have defined a Password. If you can’t recall it, then you can’t use the drive without erasing the files and starting over. Do you use WD Backup or are you drag and dropping files?

Cliff

Are you talking about the MBL? I do know that password and have tried that – it still says invalid user name and password and the safepoint drive that I am trying to use absolutely does not have a user name and password

I have tried the username and password I created with the bakupdrive and it does not accept that and I have also not got a username or password on the drive I am using as the safepoint. I have used both WDBAckup and drag and drop to add files to the MBL

Hi,

My error! I was not familiar with the MyBookLive or SafePoints! . I just searched Knowledge Base for SafePoints and see that it is a feature of the MyBookLive (MBL?). Have you looked there? There a number of questions and answers. I’m using Passport, so I’m out of my range.

Good Luck,
Cliff