Safepoint

Dear All,

I just bough the WD 2T my cloud. I try to use the safepoint to back to my NAS. The errer message as below. I found the my account and password is incorrect even I create new user account and password. How can I delete it in ssh or other solutoin will be provicd to me. Thanks.

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloud .

Event title:There was an error updating your safepoint.

Event description:2 - There was an error updating your safepoint XXXXXXXXXXX on the XXXXXXXX share on XXXXX.

Severity:warning

Event code:1102

Event time:04-26-2014 03:10:20 AM

Firmware version:       03.04.01-230

In Dashboard then safepoint, there is a PLUS “+” button that you used to create a safepoint and next to it on the left there is a MINUS “-” to delete it. Have you tried that?

HI jamalaya

I did last time and still no luck. I think something saved in conifg file or database. 

Reply to: superfrancis

I just bough the WD 2T my cloud. I try to use the safepoint to back to my NAS.

What are you trying to backup?

You need to take a look at the User Manual. http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf ,  Managing Safepoints.

If you want to backup your computers you will need  to use the WD SmartWare, Windows 7 backup or some other backup program. Visit the Learning Center. http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=product&device=mc&language=EN-US .

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I have had the exact same issue. Then the NAS started to have problems with the content scan on the drive. I tried rebooting the NAS and things improved for a while, then went south again. I powered down the NAS, disconnected the USB backup drive and restarted the NAS. Once all the content scan was completed and ok, I reconnected the USB drive and it showed up with a previously created safepoint. I tried to update the safepoint and the process seem to start okay, but got stuck at less than 1% of the update and never got any farther.

My next strategy will be trying a factory system restore, system only, and then deleteing and recreating the safepoint. There are other threads where this has cured the issue. The problem is that the creatioin of a safepoint takes a very long time and the NAS is useless while that is being done. Then, once this is done, I guess you hold your breath until it all happens again for no apparent reason.

a quick way if you dont have data other than safepoint on the USB drive is to connect the USB drive to your PC and delete it or reformat.

if you really want the hard way then connect via ssh (but be extrremly careful as you are sigining in as root and has the potential to wipe out everything if you mistype something or invalidate your warranty.) If I remember correctly the USB drive will be under /var/media. Look for the safepoint and delete it.  ONLY AS A LAST RESORT.

superfrancis wrote:

Dear All,

I just bough the WD 2T my cloud. I try to use the safepoint to back to my NAS. The errer message as below. I found the my account and password is incorrect even I create new user account and password. How can I delete it in ssh or other solutoin will be provicd to me. Thanks.

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloud .

Event title:There was an error updating your safepoint.

Event description:2 - There was an error updating your safepoint XXXXXXXXXXX on the XXXXXXXX share on XXXXX.

Severity:warning

Event code:1102

Event time:04-26-2014 03:10:20 AM

Firmware version:       03.04.01-230

I had the same errors after updating the firmware. Unclear whether linked to firmware update or poorly disconnected USB drive etc…

I solved the issue with a factory system restore, and deleting all data on the USB disk.

That leaves the NAS content intact, but you to set up share access anew.