Safepoint on EX2

Is there anyway to create a safepoint using an attached usb 3 drive on the EX2?

You can check page 68 of the manual for information on how to backup your files to a USB storage. 

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705129.pdf#page=73

That is true. But what I was hoping for was a way to create a snapshot of the ex2 in a periodic auto way

I fully understand the current NAS to USB / USB to NAS ability is a basic copy function that allows simple copying of a folder between the NAS and a USB device in either direction.  As a simple bidirectional copy function it certainly meets that basic premise, but WD should improve the feature set of the USB copy feature and I am not the first to ask for this.

1. Give us the ability to create a USB copy job that allows multiple source folders, currently we can only create one source folder per USB copy.

2) Give us the ability to select from either a full copy mode or incremental copy mode based on a file’s modification date/time (e.g., if the modification date/time of the source file is newer than the file on the destination or there is no corresponding file on the destination, then copy/overwrite that file otherwise skip it)

1 Like

…and 3) give us the option of scheduling backups on NAS to USB. This is basic functionality that is present already in Safepoint. Why not just provide that for EX2/EX4??

1 Like