Safepoint Not Updating Automatically

Configuration:
Desktop: Win10
Laptop: Win10
Router: Linksys WRT 1900AC

I have 2 (two) 4TB MyClouds connected to the router above. The primary MyCloud I use to store and access all household files. The second MyCloud I use only for the safepoint creation from the primary MyCloud.

Long story short…everything work perfect (including automatic updates of safepoint) until late Nov-Dec 2015. I then realize safepoints weren’t updating automatically and I couldn’t create a new safepoint (error issues in creating). End solution was to factory reset both MyClouds and move all data back onto primary.

Now I have created a safepoint successfully but it will not update automatically; however, I can update manually. I created a second safepoint but this one will not update automatically either.

Both MyClouds updated to current firmware. Any solutions?..thanks in advance…John

1 Like

Perhaps it would be best to contact WD Support about this. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.

I have the same problem. I noticed that email notification doesn’t work. I have done the same proces before (factory reset)

I have this same problem for two months and there is no way to settle it.

Nah. I’ve seen so many complaints about this, please solve it already! Why should we go into some private chat? Let us know what you need to know. And no, doing a system restore, which you have been suggesting since 2013, is not a good solution.

(Quite disappointed by this! Too bad I saw a video review that said Safepoints were so easy to use. Have been using this for several months now, and it never did an automatic sync, ever.)

Did you ever get this figured out? I can’t get mine to auto update either. I’m on the latest firmware, and I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve deleted and created new safepoints, 40 second reset, full factory reset, nothing works.

I did figure it out at the time but can’t recall what specific steps I
took. In the last couple of weeks I’ve encountered the issue again after
my router change the ip addresses of the myclouds. Before I start
resolving I’ll be reserving ip addresses for both my clouds. Have you
found a solution yet?