Safepoint fails due to scandinavian characters?

Hi, I don’t seem to be able to get a proper safepoint made from my Live Book Duo (2x3TB) to my My Book (not Live) 3 TB USB drive. As far as I can tell, all the data is copied (same size in the backup dir as on the source dir (about 564 GB). What I have noticed is that in the file permissions.info only the files and folders without the Swedish characters åäö and ÅÄÖ has been included. I have savet the filenames as UTF8 (the scandinavian ones are hence 2 bytes) and I really didn’t expect this to be an issue. The files are still copied to the backup HDD (the non live hdd) dispite having Scandinavian characters. Is there any plan to fix this since it makes it impossible for me to run an automatically incremental backup once a week. I’m putting the backup drive in a Safe in case of fire and don’t really want to have it out of it for over a day each time I want to sync the content with the content on the live one.

Best regards

Trond

Have you tried to safe the files directly to the my book live to see if you have the same problem?

The files are on both devices after I have tried to make a safepoint, it’s just that the safepoint itself don’t seem to think it has been successful and hence I can’t use it for any further incremental backups.

When it comes to your question if I can put files on the my book live: I don’t seem to have any problems with that. I have uploaded all files via FTP since it works much better then using the windows share metod. Both ways display all characters properly although the FTP seem a bit more sensitive to the charactersets then the smb share.

For example: If I wiew the share directly through explorer in windows, I can see folder names such as Dalarö, but if I view the same folder with the FTP program, it Shows DalarXX where XX are two garbage characters. It looks ok in the FTP program if I just add something after the ö at the end (Dalarö photos), but that could ofcourse say more about the program (FlashFXP) then about the my book Live.

So in short: the files work great, it’s just the backup utility on the my book Live that don’t think it does.