Safepoint error 36123

Can anyone categorically confirm whether Safepoint works with My Cloud 3TB running the latest firmware v04.01.02-417.

There is evidence of issues but before I pack this ( along with a WD 3TB Elements USB drive purchased specifically to do the backup to ) back to Amazon I’d really like some confirmation.

I’ve just contacted WD support and they recommend reformatting the drive - quite frankly I think that’s nonsense.

To use a NAS without scheduled backup is just a non starter.

Do WD ever test these products ?

Hi kgee5, sorry to hear you’re having problems. We have passed your case to support, please check your private messages. Other users can also participate and give advice. 

Hi 

I am facing the exact same issue with the same error code 36123

I tried to create a safepoint for my ‘WD myCloud’ NAS onto mu ‘WD myBook’ HDD connected on the USB … no success

Did you find any solution ?  did you recieve any advice from the support or the community ?

Thanks for sharing!

>>>Can anyone categorically confirm whether Safepoint works with My Cloud 3TB running the latest firmware v04.01.02-417.

I can verify the FW v04.01.03-421 on a 3 TB MC successfully creates and updates safepoints onto an always connected 4 TB My Book Studio.

I insure that there’s no activity on MC when the automatic updates are scheduled (3am)

1 Like

I have a 4TB WD MyCloud with firmware version v04.01.04-422. Safepoint to a 5TB Seagate errors out with code 36123.

Made several attempts but the Safepoint fails every single time. Will appreciate inputs/suggestions.

I gave up on Safepoint some time ago as I had no confidence in it.

However, I did come up with a more reliable, and faster alternative.

Have a look at my backup solution at Alternative to Safepoint

Hope this helps

Nick