Safepoint create error 1100

NTFS 3TB. Slightly smaller than the 4TB My Cloud, but the data size is currently only 1.6 TB, so plenty of space on the drive for the safepoint.

No I haven’t tried that. But the rsync error code indicates that the issue is with source file changing during safepoint create. Nothing to do with the USB drive.

Well, that should be A1, so I agree that you should be annoyed (I’d say something else but the text police would just kill it). I too have a smaller external drive, 1 TB Brand ‘X’ attached to my 2TB WDMyCloud and it is currently working well as a Safepoint drive.

Is there any chance that your Safepoint process is happening during updates of the MyCloud? I update every night at 1AM using the scheduler. So far, no update issues have surfaced.

Paul

Yes absolutely possible. The safepoint create takes more than 2 days, during which time my nightly image process writes a new image to the drive (and deletes older images). No where have I read that safepoint create requires no updates at all to the source data, but I’m starting to wonder whether that’s the problem.

Once this update finishes, which I expect to fail again, my next test will be to disable all backup processes and then run a new safepoint create.

Oh man, if I was a betting fellow I’d be putting it all on RED! :grinning:

I believe that you must create the initial Safepoint with out data interference. I can’t prove it but your reporting of this issue makes be believe that it is true. In my case I took 22 hours to build this latest Safepoint and I avoided all updates during that time. I had no failures or errors.

I know it’s a big pain but I’m sure you have a glimmer of the problem here. Is there any way to stop your backup process for 48 hours and dedicate the MyCloud to building a new Safepoint image?

Paul

1 Like

I’ve cancelled the safepoint update and deleted the failed safepoint. I’ve deferred crashplan and my nightly image for the next 3 days (these are the only processes that write to the drive). I’ve started a new safepoint create.

If this doesn’t work, it will be the end of this device!! :rage:

1 Like

I’d put it all on red too. :smile:

When I did the Safepoint that was successful yesterday I made sure I did not copy any files from or to the My Cloud during the Safepoint process. In fact I tried not to access the My Cloud at all during the Safepoint creation process other than to keep a browser window open to show the Safepoint creation status. Its a hassle for those with large amounts of data to backup in the creation of the Safepoint due to the length of time it takes to perform that first backup. Fortunately for me I was only backing up about 370GB on a 1T drive.

Solved!

Safepoint created successfully after ensuring zero updates to My Cloud during create process. This should be documented by WD so we don’t have to suffer like this. Not to mention doing their job for them in finding solutions.

Now lets see how successful safepoint updates are. :imp:

1 Like

Great news!

Positive thoughts :grinning:

Paul

Doesn’t work for me, no update during the process and still error 1100…

Bruno

3 years down the road and here I am, I had the similar issue the other day. What i did to get it work again is doing a FULL(long) NTFS formatting and it’s backing my 1TB files up and so far 88% completed (9 hours and going). Previously it stopped after 2 hrs.

Hope that helps for you.14%20PM