Safepoint Auto Update Not Working

I’m a new user and recently purchased My Cloud 2T and a Passport 2T for backup. After tryng numerous times to get Safepoint to work properly, I decided to take a different approach. Keep in mind that I needed My Cloud to function as Dropbox does, so here’s what I’ve done:

1. I established a direct connection from my laptop to my router. This was to bypass WiFi for speed.

2. I copied all my data from my laptop to My Cloud.

3. I attached the Passport direct  to my laptop and copied over the same data. I then disconnected the Passport and connected it to My Cloud. 

4. After doing some research, I downloaded and installed a program called GoodSync. They have a 30 day full trial and it’s $29.95 to buy after.

[ removed ] 

1. I set up Goodsync to automatically sync the data on my laptop to both My Cloud and the Passport (and it’s bidirectional).

The end result was that syncing was fast and error free. Any and all changes I make to folders/files on my laptop are instantly synced to both My Cloud and Passport and vice versa… and I now have the same fuctionality I’ve enjoyed with Dropbox.

I have one other non-related issue to overcome which I posted here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Unable-to-access-shares-in-Windows-file-manager/td-p/624055

I mention this because the problem also prevents Goodsync from doing it’s job.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: