Safepoint and Disk rotating scheme for two (or more) USB disks?

Is it possible to create one Safepoint and have Disk rotating scheme with two (or more) disks?

Like this:

Week 1

-Run the SafePoint Profile on Disk 1 (Full Copy)

-Eject Disk 1

Week 2

-Run the SafePoint Profile on Disk 2 (Full Copy)

-Eject Disk 2

Week 3

-Run the SafePoint Profile on Disk 1 (Mirror new and chaged files to Disk)

-Eject Disk 1

Week 4

-Run the SafePoint Profile on Disk 2 (Mirror new and chaged files to Disk)

-Eject Disk 2

/Peter

peswe,

At this moment, the WD My Cloud keeps track of one Safepoint for updates. It is possible to store different Safepoints between different devices, however, an option to manually re-locate and re-activate a previously created Safepoint is currently not featured.

I was about to try something similar.  I would really like to have off-site backup, even if I need to sneakernet/autonet it somewhere regularly.

I have one SafePoint auto-updating daily to another WD device (a WD MBL), which I now feel is semi-safe.

Next, I wanted to connect an external drive (we’ll call this Drive A) to the MyCloud to create a second backup SafePoint, which, once updated, I would take to an off-site location (a deposit box).  

I would then connect another external drive (Drive B) and create a third SafePoint, which I would take to the off-site location the next week, bringing Drive A back and reconnecting it for updates.

I had HOPED that it could do auto-updates on these targets when the target is available to the MyCloud.  But it sounds like this will not be possible?

I dunno–I think I am going to try it anyway soon.  I’m hoping worst case is that I have to manually update the SafePoints on the external drive(s), and it will still auto-update the first SafePoint to the MBL without any trouble here.

Or else, really, this SoHo-grade device really got downgraded for me to far below Buffalo or other SoHo NAS boxes that can do secure live updates or mirroring across distance to off-site targets.  I mean.  It’s NAS.  You want an off-site mirror of this information, right?

Will report back with what works.