Safepoint Access

I have set up a safe point which shows as we now in the share list - in the share list I have made the safe point (No Access) to both users, but when I go into Windows explorer on both users laptops I can access the safe point share, I have looked in my mobile app on the phone and tablet and like you expect there no access.

What about if i do not want the second person to access my share which is accessable to me only, if they go through there Windows explorer and into the safe point they are able to access anything they want.

Any help would be good, is this correct? is there anyway of stopping this happening?

Busmonkey

They shouldn’t be able to access anything but the Public share and whatever you gave them access to. In explorer they can see them but they cannot access them without username and password.

You just have to make sure when you log into the other laptop to log in with that user (not yours) account only.

review your share permissions and user passwords. On the other laptop where you do not want that user to access, find credential manager in Control panel, delete anything relating to wdmycloud share access.

for wdmycloud desktop app, uinstall and reinstall it and log in only with that user who owns the laptop.

This is how it works.

Hope this helps.

jamalaya wrote:

They shouldn’t be able to access anything but the Public share and whatever you gave them access to. In explorer they can see them but they cannot access them without username and password.

You just have to make sure when you log into the other laptop to log in with that user (not yours) account only.

review your share permissions and user passwords. On the other laptop where you do not want that user to access, find credential manager in Control panel, delete anything relating to wdmycloud share access.

for wdmycloud desktop app, uinstall and reinstall it and log in only with that user who owns the laptop.

This is how it works.

Hope this helps.

Hi jamalaya 

I have checked and double checked my share permissions - everything is correct, I have checked the other laptop in the credential manager folder in the control panel and there was nothing in there at all, nothing to do with Wd Cloud.

So i am still stuck with the other laptop being able to access the safepoint folder within Windows Explorer