RX4100 Recovery unable to connect to server

HI I have a failed RX4100 server, WD sent me a replcement.
I put my old array of drives into my replacement server.
Followed the procedure to create the bootable USB drive and boot the server up and select Recovery.

Power up the unit with USB and pressing the reset button, software will load and finished with 3 DOS windows,
The WD recovery screen showed
Recovery
Initializing…

Recovery
Initializing…

After 20 minutes, I saw
Recovery Started.

I went back to my PC following the earlier steps to generate the USB boot drive,
select to connect to the server, but it always failed.
I have done it 5 or 10 times, generating different USB but consistent failed that step.
Thus I am unable to do any recovery.

I put the server and my own PC on the same switch/hub I check the IP and they are on the same subnet.
It just will not connect from my PC to the server.

Any thought? Are there any DOS like commands on the server that I can do to make the recovery.
Thanks,
Ron

#1” if the hardware was simply bad you should just be able to put your old drives in the new box and power on and be good to go
#2” If you do need to recover the first step is to make sure you have a good download by verifying the hash file
If you have a dhcp server and you see the RX4100 getting an ip that is on the same subnet as your desktop disable any 3rd party firewall you may have on the desktop. Make sure the desktop only has one nic enabled and does not have any “extra” ip’s assigned to it

for #1, I boot the replacement unit with my old array it failed with the same blue screen and hex dump.
Then I proceed to the Recovery option by installing the bootable USB drive.
I just did another download of the software 9.5 GB and is progressing to Recovery initializing…
Recovery started
and try to connect, it fails again with The server not found.

On the server, I type ipconfig on the Win32 console, it show it is 10.153.88.15 which is our internal IP.
I am at 10.153.88.29.
I can certainly ping to myself, but cannot ping to 10.153.88.15 the server.
We have identical subnet mask and gateway.
Obviously Windows server is not accepting request?

Any idea. Again I wish there is some instruction to do recovery on the server console.
Thanks,
Ron

if you are doing the panam 1-7-6-21
MD5: 32031F2454D3510D7CE2BF5891F7D25D
SHA1: EF0E132813182B2202A5FF54180C840BEE44F59E

SHA256: 6D511FC43FEFBC088E6A069397539B575AA6E81067D0A5BC81E1FEF12CDCD1B1

I have never had an rx with a video port so I am not sure what your screen says. The process is the same as the dx though. No clue if when you goto whatever you are doing to do ipconfig if it stops the server from listening
Again you do not have a 3rd party firewall on the desktop?
there will be two log files on your thumb drive. The one in wdrecovery may offer some insight

I will look at a log file and see if it may be possible to extract the wim files manually in a bit

Just checking in to see how things are going. I looked at the recovery log and it is a bit more complicated than just extracting the files. I booted a pc with the thumb to see what was happening but it did not have the correct nics, so networking failed.

For the connection to server failure, I found a work around to use my own laptop which is Windows 10 home. I patch a cable to the server, and generate another USB to boot the server. I was able to connect to the server, the first time in 2 days of troubleshooting. After I configured it to do recovery, I then lost the connection again. I tried rerunning the setup again and never was able to get it connected again. I did notice that the server and my laptop wired IP are on very different segment.
My last effort was to reset my wired network to dhcp, and patch both the server and my laptop into a common switch/hub
and I also disabled my Norton firewall for the next 5 hours. Also I inserted the cable on the the second network port, and generate another version of the USB recovery drive, and also insert it on the front USB slot.
I re-booted the system with reset button on and was able to boot the server to recovery. After 2 or 3 hours, I am now at preparing the server with the Windows storage server after setting up my password.
Well I should be able to access my user data soon, that is my hope.
Thanks,
Ron

sounds like progress. Thanks for the update